Health education for Spanish speaking community
Please visit the new page to apply.
Help facilitate access to health services and promote the culture of self-care among the Mexican migrant population living in the United States, to promote disease prevention and control. This opportunity takes place at the Mexican Consulate.
Some of the volunteer's tasks. Training will be provided:
- Assistance with registration for COVID vaccine.
- Information on medical insurance alternatives for Mexicans residing in the United States.
- Preparation of educational material with information relevant to current health issues.
- Active participation in the health days.
- Assistance for the registration and monitoring of people interested in participating in the services, programs, events or courses offered.
- Assistance for the elaboration of databases and preparation of reports.
Skills and screening : Some prior knowledge of basic health related topics, understanding of computers, Microsoft office, Google suite and Canva (preferred), fluency in Spanish language. Screening interviews and background checks are part of this process.
- 10:00 AM to 02:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Centro Multicultural La Familia
35 W. Huron, Suite 100, Pontiac, MI 48342, US
WE provide culturally competent services to families in a holistic approach to improve their quality of life
We provide mental health services for people suffering from depression and children who are having a difficult time due to parents' mental illness or violence. We offer parenting classes, provide health education, assist clients to enroll in medical insurance and help survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault and other crimes.
1403 East 12 Mile RoadMadison Heights, MI 48071
December 7, 2021
- Graphic Design / Print
- Physical Education
- Case Work / Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 month to 1 year commitment preferred. Flexible hours
- Speak and write Spanish fluently