4 people are interested
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
Description: Grant Researcher
Organization Overview: Magdalene’s Gate is a faith based 501(c)(3) non-profit agency. We would like to provide a temporary shelter for runaway female youth between the ages of 12-17 in Gwinnett County, Georgia (metro-Atlanta). We are raising money to have a facility for the population we are looking to house.
- Responsible for performing internet-based research to find good match potential funders
- Find and gather data for use in submitted proposals
- Assist in creating a resource book for present and future goals
- Works well under time pressure constraints
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to read, hear, speak, keyboard, reason, and communicate effectively
- Proficient Experience with office equipment such as computer, telephones, copiers, fax, and printers
- Writes clearly and informatively
- Edits work for spelling and grammar
- Varies writing style to meet needs
- Able to read and interpret written information
Bachelor's Degree or Associates Degree from a college or university in relevant field, or one to two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Magdalene's Gate
PO BOX 491744, LAWRENCEVILLE, GA 30519, US
To assist runaway, homeless, and at risk youth under the age of 17.
Magdalene's Gate (MG) has established an outreach program targeting runaway and homeless youth. MG's outreach team targets various locations where these youth may seek refuge. When we encounter a runaway or homeless youth, counseling is the first step that is taken to reunite the youth with their families and if appropriate, assist them in reporting allegations of abuse, neglect, or other mistreatment to local authorities. After counseling, should the youth decide to remain on the streets and not contact the local authorities, referral services are given as well as food and hygiene products for the purpose of "harm reduction".
*All volunteers are subject to a background check
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
December 4, 2021
- Youth Services
- Crisis Intervention
- Grant Writing / Research
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-5 hours per week