4 people are interested
Research Intern/Volunteer for AsianWeek Database Project
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
The AsianWeek Database Project is bringing back three decades of news, education, and entertainment surrounding the Asian American community from the historical pages of AsianWeek’s newspaper and website. We are seeking a Research Intern who loves engaging in AAPI history and current events.
Areas of responsibility will include:
- Researching historic AAPI community events, people, and news leveraging the AsianWeek Database and other resources
- Keeping a pulse on AAPI community current events, news, and newsmakers to help identify stories, articles, and ideas in the form of photos, videos, blogs, graphics, or other content that is relevant to our followers and audience
- Developing ideas for both social media, video, and website content
Experiences and qualifications of ideal candidate include:
- Knowledge of, interest in, and engagement with the AAPI community
- Asian American/Ethnics Studies, Journalism, Business, Marketing, History, or related major
- Experience with history resources (e.g. database archives)
- Well organized, efficient, timely, hard-working
- Energetic, friendly, interactive, creative
- Writing experience either professionally, academically, or personally is a plus
About the AsianWeek Database Project:
For over 30 years, AsianWeek served as America’s first and largest English-language print and online publication serving the Asian American community. As the voice of Asian America, we covered, spotlighted, and showcased the important and meaningful Asian American news, information, and entertainment across the U.S., to strengthen relationships among Asian American communities with the greater community at large.
Today, we are excited to launch the AsianWeek Database Project that will help preserve Asian American history by housing over 1,500 back issues and thousands of stories of AsianWeek. Our mission is to acknowledge the benefit of recording the Asian American experience to further educate, enlighten, and entertain the community and beyond.
To learn more, visit https://www.asianweek.com/ and follow us at @AsianWeekDB, https://www.facebook.com/AsianWeek and https://www.instagram.com/asianweekdb/
About AsianWeek Foundation
809 SACRAMENTO ST, San Francisco, CA 94109, US
The AsianWeek Foundation works to develop the voices of Asian America. The U.S. Census Bureau continues to tell us that Asian Americans have proven ourselves in education, earning power, and other traditional benchmarks of success. However, the ability of Asian American voices to be heard is not commensurate with this success. The Foundation accomplishes its mission through programs such as the AsianWeek Newspaper Workshop and through affiliation with projects that promote diversity and cross-cultural understanding. To learn more, visit us at AsianWeek.com.
The Asian Heritage Street Celebration is organized by the AsianWeek Foundation in cooperation with over 51 organizations in the Asian American community. The AsianWeek Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)3 committed to developing the Voices of Asian America. All proceeds from the Celebration will be donated to local and national charities.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
December 4, 2021
- Grant Writing / Research