1 person is interested
Special Event Assistant
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
YWCA Dayton is seeking a volunteer Special Event Assistant to assist our staff in planning and executing signature special events, particularly the Women of Influence awards luncheon. This position will report directly to the Director of Marketing and Communications and also work closely with other YWCA Dayton staff and volunteers.
~10-15 hours per month. Schedule negotiable and flexible. The ideal candidate would also be available on March 9 and 10, 2022, to assist with event setup and execution.
The position is a volunteer position. Individuals may be eligible for college or community service credits.
This is a remote volunteer position. Some onsite work to deliver event materials or handle other event tasks may be required.
- Communicate with vendors, under the advisement of YW staff, to secure critical event logistics, such as: linen rentals, décor, audio/visual needs, parking, guest value-adds, signage, boutique merchandise, etc.
- Assist YW staff in leading the Women of Influence Promotions and Arrangements Committee, which is responsible for selling program booklet ads, securing in-kind donations for favors and entertainment, and securing raffle prizes.
- Assist YW staff in monitoring and implementing event sponsor benefits.
SKILLS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Energetic self-starter who thrives working independently and has a passion for nonprofit fundraising events; prior event planning experience of any kind required.
- Ability to concurrently handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Proven high level of professionalism and poise during interpersonal interactions.
- Experience working with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Discretion regarding confidential information.
- Demonstrated commitment to and championing of the organizational mission and vision.
About YWCA Dayton
141 W. Third Street, Dayton, OH 45402, US
YWCA Dayton is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
Since 1870, YWCA Dayton has worked toward the elimination of racism, empowers women to be educated leaders, and supports women in need to be safe and independent. Every day, its team addresses the most crucial needs in our community, including: domestic violence; homelessness; teen issues; childcare; affordable housing; racial justice; and self sufficiency and personal development for women.
141 West Third StreetDayton, OH 45402
December 2, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Event Planning / Management
- About 10-15 hours per month. Flexible