3 people are interested
Cancer Support- Childcare Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
How you can help?
- Provide fun, educational, creative, and safe experiences for the children.
- Minimum six-month commitment to ensure support during the duration of a mom’s cancer treatment and recovery.
- Four (4) hours of childcare service per week to the same family.
- Volunteers are matched with families based on compatibility and location within the Greater Toronto Area boundaries.
How to apply
- Please apply by visiting https://nannyangelnetwork.com/apply/
- Select: _ "BE A NANNY ANGEL- Greater Toronto Area (GTA)"_
- Create a MY IMPACT ACCOUNT to complete the application
Make a Difference in a child's life, Become a Nanny Angel!
Imagine a world where every mother with cancer receives the care needed for her children - so she has enough time to care for herself. Now, also imagine a world where every child receives the support they need to cope with their mother’s illness or death.
The Nanny Angel Network (NAN) offers rewarding volunteer positions for skilled childcare providers who are looking to make a difference in the lives of families.
Nanny Angels provide free, specialized in-home relief childcare support for mothers who have been diagnosed with cancer, for those requiring palliative care and for families requiring additional relief during the bereavement period.
Nanny Angels lessen the impact of cancer on families, by engaging children in enjoyable, age-appropriate activities to help reduce any stress or anxiety they may be experiencing due to their mom’s illness or death.
By visiting weekly, building trust, and having fun, Nanny Angels help mothers gain the confidence and peace of mind to rest or attend appointments, knowing their children are cared for and supported by knowledgeable and compassionate volunteers.
Nanny Angels receive specialized training including children’s grief and bereavement and receive the support of NAN’s Child Life Specialist throughout their volunteering time.
Kindly note, the role is not that of a babysitter, housekeeper, or personal assistant - a Nanny Angel’s primary focus is engaging and supporting the children.
- Individuals with one year of recent (within three years) paid or volunteer experience with children
- Must be willing to get a valid Vulnerable Sector Screening clearance and current First Aid/CPR-Level C
- Must be able to engage children and adapt engagement approach based on age and ability.
- Experience supporting children requiring special learning accommodations (an asset).
- Be physically able to care for children, including standing, lifting, bending, and kneeling as required.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
There’s a family in your community waiting for their very own Nanny Angel!
To learn more about our Covid-19 policies, please visit our website at www.nannyangelnetwork.com
Job Type: Volunteer
Personal Protective equipment, sanitizer and sanitizing wipes provided. All volunteers are required to wear a mask at all times, observe social distancing and go through a screening questionnaire prior to their volunteering shift.
About Nanny Angel Network
1000 Sheppard Ave. West, Suite 100, Toronto, Ontario M3H2T6, CA
Our mission is to lessen the impact of cancer on families. We believe that no mother should ever have to choose between caring for her children and getting the care and treatment she needs to get well. We believe that every child enduring a mother's cancer journey, should have the support and coping tools to grow to be healthy adults.
Founded in 2009 by Audrey Guth, cancer survivor, mother of four and nanny agency owner. Nanny Angel Network provides free in home childcare support to over 1000 families in Ontario. We have many volunteer opportunities, both virtual and in-person. Our volunteers receive intensive training on grief and bereavement and how to instill a sense of normalcy when nothing is normal for the kids. Our programs include Nanny Angel home support 4 hours a week for six months, Camp and Fun in a box virtual support, Homework Club virtual support and virtual preschool circle time. Our high needs NAN families also receive catered meals 5 nights a week.
We hope to expand the Nanny Angel Network throughout Ontario and nationally in the near future.
1000 Sheppard Ave, Westtoronoto, Canada
December 2, 2021
- Youth Services
- Child Care
- Child Development
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours a week for 6 months. Volunteers give their availability and are matched with family's availability.
- Must be willing to Obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check and First- Aid CPR ( Level C and or BSL)