1 person is interested
Volunteer Computer Lab Coordinator
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Position Summary: The Coalition to Abolish Slavery and Trafficking (CAST) is a Los Angeles-based nonprofit organization that is working to put an end to human trafficking through comprehensive, life-transforming services to survivors and a platform to advocate for groundbreaking policies and legislation. In order to strengthen access to training, education and employment opportunities for survivors, Cast will establish a work lab that will provide a dedicated space and resources for clients and their education and career goals.
Under the supervision of the Clinical Supervisor, the Volunteer Work Lab Coordinator will be responsible for managing the Work Lab. Such responsibilities include greeting clients, assigning a workspace, assist with any technology issues, assist clients in completing job applications and creating resumes, and consult with case managers on the progress of helping clients achieve their employment or education goals. The Volunteer must demonstrate a commitment to serving CAST's clients and to upholding the CAST mission. THIS IS A NON PAID VOLUNTEER POSITION.Essential Duties:
- Greet clients
- Ensuring Work Lab rules are followed
- Assign workspace
- Assist with applying for jobs
- Help create resumes
- Lead workshops on job finding skills, such as resume building and interviewing
- Support with special projects, as assigned by the Clinical Supervisor)
- Experience in Microsoft Office user including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Experience with handling phone calls, email correspondence. Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize projects and multi-task in a fast-paced working environment.
- Knowledge of working with multicultural communities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, honest communication, positive attitude and ability to carry a professional tone.
- Candidate must be able to commit to volunteer at minimum 3 times a week.
- Bilingual in Spanish (preferred)
- Successful candidates will be required to pass a background check before starting their volunteer work at Cast
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and volunteer application to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Visit: https://www.castla.org/human-trafficking/get-involved/ To download an application.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Coalition to Abolish Slavery and Trafficking
3580 Wilshire Blvd., #900-37, Los Angeles, CA 90010, US
Ending modern slavery through education, advocacy and empowering survivors of human trafficking.
The Coalition to Abolish Slavery and Trafficking (CAST) is a Los Angeles-based nonprofit organization that is working to put an end to modern slavery and human trafficking through comprehensive, life-transforming services to survivors and a platform to advocate for groundbreaking policies and legislation. Over the past two decades, CAST has supported thousands of survivors through every phase of their journey to freedom from counseling, to legal resources, to housing, educational and leadership training and mentorship. Through these programs, CAST has helped empower survivors to overcome their traumatic pasts and become leading voices in shaping policy and public awareness to ultimately put an end to the fastest growing criminal enterprise of the 21st century.
3580 Wilshire Blvd.#900-37Los Angeles, CA 90010
December 3, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Case Work / Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training