Volunteer Receptionist - VITA
Please visit the new page to apply.
Volunteer Receptionist: Screen Taxpayers to determine if they qualify for assistance, schedule their intake and closing, and inform taxpayers of the documentation needed for their appointment. Minimal training required. Great opportunity to gain administrative/clerical experience
When: Tax Season from Feb 1 st to April 18 th (unless Tax Season is extended).
VITA Program Overview: Provide free tax assistance services for low-income households throughout Adams County. Volunteer hours and schedule range upon your availability. Volunteer shifts for taxes can be on weekdays, evenings, and weekends. Last year, we assisted over 350 households from January to Mid-May.
Location: United Way of Adams County Office (123 Buford Ave Gettysburg, PA 17325) or HACC
Time Commitment: Typically 3 hours a week. Schedules will be made after training. Morning, Afternoon, and evening weekday shifts available.
About UNITED WAY OF ADAMS COUNTY
PO BOX 3545, GETTYSBURG, PA 17325, US
For 74 years, United Way of Adams County has been bringing people and organizations together for one simple reason: to help people change the course of the of their lives toward a better, brighter future.
How we make a difference in Adams County? By partnering with local agencies to provide vital services in three focus areas:
* Children enter school ready to learn
* Youth graduate from high school on time
* Youth are "ready by 21" to be successful young adults
* Foster youth transition from care to independence
Income and Financial Stability
* Family and individual basic and emergency needs are met
* Families and individuals experience financial stability
* Individuals, families and corporations have volunteer opportunities
* Individuals with disabilities become independent
* Families and individuals are physically safe and family violence is prevented
* Adults and children lead healthy lifestyles
123 Buford AvenueGettysburg, PA 17325
December 2, 2021
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours a week during Tax season.