2 people are interested
Communications and Marketing Internship
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Olivewood Gardens & Learning Center, a garden and nutrition education center, is seeking an energetic, well-organized, self-motivated, and Spanish/English bilingual individual as a communications and marketing intern. This position assists Olivewood staff with media and public relations, supports the marketing of Olivewood programs and events, and is an essential part of the research of and outreach to key audiences. Candidates must be committed to anti-racist work, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
01:00 PM to 04:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Olivewood Gardens and Learning Center
2525 N Ave, National City, CA 91950, US
Our Mission: Inspire youth and adults to be healthy and active citizens through organic gardening, environmental stewardship, and nutrition education. Our Vision: A community free of diet-related health conditions and a thriving environment. Olivewood’s purpose is to build healthy families and a healthy environment. We work with children, families and adults through hands-on classes in the garden and the kitchen.
Olivewood Gardens and Learning Center’s historic 6.85-acre property in National City, California serves as an interactive, indoor-outdoor classroom for children and adults from around San Diego County.
We are fortunate to be supported by a team of passionate and hard-working volunteers. Volunteers are not only integral to the success of our program, but they also help demonstrate to students the caring and commitment of their larger community. We are seeking individuals who are passionate about environmental and nutrition education; fresh, local food; working with children; community engagement; and hands-on gardening and cooking. Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus. We offer non-paid Internships but school credit available.
- Fill out a volunteer application (The Volunteer Coordinator will contact you after your application submission
- Complete a volunteer waiver
- Schedule a volunteer orientation
- Training will be provided and required for some of the volunteer roles previous to your first volunteer visit.
Open Volunteer Positions:
- Garden Volunteer
- Office Volunteer
- Volunteer Garden Science Assistant
- Volunteer Nutrition Assistant
- Special events-Weekend volunteer
- Internship (college students and recent college graduates)
- Visit our website for full internship descriptions
2525 N AvenueNational City, CA 91950
December 1, 2021
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 120 hours
- Applicants should have some experience with creating marketing and communications projects, interest in nonprofit operations. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and strong organizational skills.