Board of Directors
Please visit the new page to apply.
The Hemlock Society of San Diego seeks a dedicated, compassionate volunteer to increase and diversify our Board of Directors as we expand our critical mission.
The Hemlock Society of San Diego (HSSD) is a leader in the Right-to-Die movement, that believes that people should have the right to end their lives when they have reached a point of unbearable suffering without any hope for recovery.
We believe in the right of choice, dignity, and control at the end of life.
To this end, HSSD has helped people access their end-of-life choices for 35 years. We provide12 monthly educational programs per year, individual counseling, workshops, and a breadth of online resources. Program topics have varied from 'How to Die at Home,’ to 'Creating and Improving Your Advanced Healthcare Directive.’ We also host an engaging and provocative Right-to-Die film series.
We are looking for individuals who are as passionate about the right to die with dignity as we are. Board meetings are held once per month. We are currently meeting virtually and intend to resume in-person programs in San Diego in 2022 with the option for remote participation via Zoom.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About The Hemlock Society of San Diego
PO Box 34237, San Diego, CA 92163, US
Choice, dignity and control at the end of life.
- Educate the San Diego community about end of life choices with public meetings six times a year, We have heard from Derek Humphry, author of Final Exit; from Neal Nicol, biographer of Jack Kevorkian; from Dick Mac Donald MD, Medical Advisor, Final Exit Network, Dr. Ken Murray, author of the seminal paper, How Doctors Die, and many more.
- Support options for a humane, self-determined death by contributing to campaigns for law reform, legal defense, and the World Federation of Right to Die Societies.
- Publish newsletter with information about developments worldwide six times a year.
- Bring like-minded people together to discuss end-of-life choices.
- Provide resource information such as international books, pamphlets, DVDs.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
December 1, 2021
- Program Management
- Group Facilitation
- Video Production
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination