1 person is interested
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
The Alzheimer's Association is the world's leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research. We are the largest private funder of Alzheimer research and the premier source of information and support for the more than 5 million Americans with Alzheimer's disease and their 15 million families and caregivers. The Alzheimer's Association was recently recognized as the Best Non Profit to Work For in the Non-Profit Times 50 Best Places to Work for 2018, for the 9th year in a row.
The Marketing & Communication Intern is responsible for assisting in the marketing and branding efforts of the Alzheimer Association Alabama Chapter. He or she will be responsible for supporting social media, writing, e-mail marketing, media relations and special events as well other duties as they arise. The position goal is to increase concern and awareness throughout the organization's service area. Measurable outcomes of this position are an increase in media impressions, an increase in social media followers, published work in local media and more.
Candidate must be able to complete the internship in exchange for school credit. Virtual and in person requirements. Flexible start/end dates and weekly schedule.
Essential Job Functions
Job functions will vary based on semester and timeline/tasks associated with that timeframe.
- Be knowledgeable about the mission of the Alzheimer's Association and how Walk to End Alzheimer's and The Longest Day fuel that mission
- Work with staff to develop a social media strategy
- Write press releases, pitch letters, e-news, fundraising appeals and social media posts
- Follow up with media regarding pitched news items, and assist in relationship building between media outlets and Association
- Assist in strategic planning for all marketing efforts including, but not limited to: Walk to End Alzheimer’s, The Longest Day and numerous client services and educational programs
- Assist with events as needed
- Market Research
- Business & Media Outreach
- Other duties as assigned
- Student must be actively enrolled toward in an accredited college or university in the fields of communication, nonprofit management, business, marketing or related field
- Highly organized, detail oriented and creative
- Excellent ability to communicate in person, print, and electronically to various audiences
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative
- Writing and copy-editing experience is preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (especially Word & Excel), Google and Adobe Suite (preferable)
- Experience with developing messages for social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Experience in photography and videography a plus
- Graphic design experience a plus (proficiency with Canva)
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors to complete work
- Complete work during traditional work day (9:00 a.m. - 5 p.m.) with some flexibility to assist on an occasional evening and weekends
- Commitment to providing up to 15 hours/week of assistance
The Alzheimer's Association is the world’s leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research. We are the largest private funder of Alzheimer research and the premier source of information and support for the more than 5 million Americans with Alzheimer’s disease and their 15 million families and caregivers. The Alzheimer's Association was recently recognized as the #1 best large nonprofit to work for in 2018. We are proud to say that this is the ninth year in a row that we’ve won Non-Profit Times 50 Best Places to Work award!
About Alzheimer's Association-Alabama Chapter
2151 Highland Ave South, Suite 210, Birmingham, AL 35205, US
To eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected, and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
Our vision is a world without Alzheimer's
Formed in 1980, the Alzheimer's Association is the world's leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research.
Multiple locations Auburn University, AL 36849
December 1, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Graphic Design / Print
- Social Media / Blogging
- Complete work during traditional work day (9:00 a.m. - 5 p.m.) with some flexibility to assist on an occasional evening and weekends Commitment to providing up to 15 hours/week of assistance