3 people are interested
Warehouse Support Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Are you a friendly, willing-to-do-what-needs-to-be-done person? Are you physically healthy to lift and carry items? Do you enjoy organizing supplies and keeping spaces neat and tidy? Can you volunteer once a week on a Tuesday morning, 9:00am - 11:30am for 3 months or more?
If you answered "Yes" to all of these questions please let us know. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
There With Care's warehouse is the center of activity for donations coming in from the community and going out to families and children facing critical illness. The Warehouse Support Volunteer helps organize the groceries and everyday essential items coming in from the community; completes tasks that help keep the warehouse clean and tidy, and prepares supplies for volunteers to make deliveries to families.
Proof of vaccination is required. A mask must be worn at all times.
If you have questions about this opportunity, please ask.
Note: As a volunteer you are helping to provide essential support to families and children facing critical illness, who are more vulnerable to impacts of COVID-19.
- morning / 09:00 AM to 11:30 AM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About There With Care of the Bay Area
2682 Middlefield Rd, Ste H, Redwood City, CA 94063, SOMAcentral, 450 Townsend, San Francisco, CA 94107, 2 locations: Redwood City + San Francisco, CA , US
The mission of There With Care is to provide a wide range of meaningful and fundamental services to children and families during the critical phase of a medical crisis. We serve families referred by medical agencies, by building a network of services and people who ease the burden of life's day-to-day obligations with compassion and care.
The Bay Area Chapter was created in 2011, seven years after the founding chapter opened in Colorado. There With Care receives referrals from medical social workers at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital in Palo Alto and UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital in Mission Bay, San Francisco. When a family receives a medical diagnosis of critical illness for their child, There With Care connects with the family and engages community members as volunteers to help ease the stress of their day-to-day life activities.
The support provided is individualized to each family, and can include:
* Deliveries of groceries and prepared meals.
* Transportation to/from hospitals, medical appointments/treatments; and other locations; and gasoline cost assistance.
* Providing new baby clothing; books; toys; car seats; strollers, pack-and-plays and other essential items for families leaving the Neo-natal Intensive Care Unit.
* Housecleaning; laundry service; lawn care; pet care during hospital admission; industrial home cleaning for immune compromised children, and home modifications for disability access.
* Professional services: accounting; legal; and translation services; alternative therapies; family or individual counseling; art therapy; haircuts; massage, etc.
* Providing babysitting, mentoring and tutoring for patients and siblings.
We welcome you to become part of the network of care and support that surrounds families, so they can focus on what's most important: their children. Thank you!
2682 Middlefield RoadSuite HRedwood City, CA 94063
January 20, 2022
- Must be at least 18
- 2.5 hours, weekly on Tuesday mornings, for 3 months or more.