10 people are interested
Help Families Prepare Taxes & Become a Certified Tax Preparer!
Please visit the new page to apply.
10 people are interested
As a Tax Clinic volunteer at our IRS-certified VITA site, you will work with individuals and families by preparing their tax returns using tax software. You will serve as a trusted resource to ensure families file correctly and receive the support and resources they need to file their taxes this winter season. We will coach and train you to make sure you’re successful and feel confident to make an impact as a volunteer!You will also become certified in IRS Tax Law through online training. If you are interested in this position but don’t want to take the training, you can still apply and make a difference by helping families navigate technology during clinic times.
Responsibilities of a Tax Clinic Volunteer:
- Prepare and review state and federal tax returns using tax software
- Assist overall clinic operations and answer questions
- Team-oriented, able to work cooperatively with staff and other volunteers
- Ability to abide by all confidentiality policies and procedures
- Attend all tax-law training sessions and successfully attain IRS-tax law certification (training and coaching is provided to ensure success)
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma/GED/equivalent is required
- No experience in tax law required! All training will be provided.
In order to be successful in this position, the volunteer will at minimum need to possess the
following abilities and skills:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient with technology and working with computers
- Must be comfortable interacting with people of diverse backgrounds, education, economic status, and culture
- Fluency in English language (written and spoken). Bilingual in Hmong, Karen, Nepali, Somali, Spanish or another language desired.
Tax Clinic Schedule:
- Tax Clinic dates will be scheduled in February - April. More details will be communicated closer to event dates.
Interested in Volunteering? Apply here! --> https://tinyurl.com/TaxClinicVolunteer
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washington Counties
450 North Syndicate, Saint Paul, MN 55104, US
The mission of Community Action Partnership is to eliminate poverty, offer support, and deconstruct the systems that cause and perpetuate economic disparities for people in our community
Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washington Counties is part of a national nonprofit network that helps 17 million low-income Americans annually achieve economioc security. Closer to home, we help low-income households in Ramsey and Washington counties achieve success each year.
For over 50 years, Community Action has provided a local, flexible, single point of entry for programs that life people up. Whether it's early childhood education, transportation, saving for a home, getting an education or raising awareness, we strive to help people become independent and have a voice in our community - and to make America a better place to live.
At Community Action, we continously stay in touch with the needs of our community, looking for new ideas and new understandings about the issues that low-income individuals and families face.
Volunteers: We match volunteers with opportunities that are meaningful and meet their scheduling needs. By helping those in need, our volunteers develop new skills, gain practical and rewarding experience, build teams, and promote active community participation. Volunteers at Community Action reach out, help people become more self-sufficient, and change people's lives - one person, one family, one neighbor at a time. https://caprw.org/take-action/volunteer.html
450 North Syndicate St.Saint Paul, MN 55104
December 1, 2022
- Financial Planning
- ETC / Tax Assistance
- Financial Service Assistance
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15 hours of IRS and Minnesota tax law training (provided online). Successful completion of IRS-Tax Law Certification after training (coaching provided). Min. 3 hrs/wk Feb. - Apr. 2023.