3 people are interested
Volunteer Grant Writer
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Boundless Brilliance is a Los Angeles based non-profit organization that seeks to empower students to embrace their brilliance and realize a future of STEM leadership that is a diverse as the world that we live in. We do this by creating a fun and interactive STEM-based curriculum that college volunteers take into low-income neighborhood schools. Our aim is not only to expose children to STEM a critical age, but to show them that Anyone Can Be a Scientist.
Our mission is to educate, empower, and engage students in order to close the gender gap in STEM fields; and we envision a future of STEM leadership that is as diverse as the world in which we live.
More information can be found at https://www.boundlessbrilliance.org
Our organization is in a state of rapid growth and we are looking for ways to support this expansion; and ensure the sustainability of the organization.
We are seeking volunteers with grant writing experience, or those who are willing to go through Development/grant writing training who can assist us in sourcing and applying to funding opportunities.
What We Are Looking For: We are seeking enthusiastic volunteers that are passionate about education, equity in STEM, and girls/women's empowerment. Volunteers who believe that STEM should be inclusive and accessible, and Fun!
As well as volunteers with great written communication skills; including story tellers.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Helping to identify grants and other funding opportunities that Boundless Brilliance could apply for
- Assisting with writing grant proposals and applications
- Bachelors degree - preferably in english, communications, public relations, or a related field
- Interest in STEM and science
About BOUNDLESS BRILLIANCE
15701 SHERMAN WAY UNIT 8079, VAN NUYS, CA 91409, US
The mission of Boundless Brilliance is to educate, empower, and engage students in order to close the gender gap in STEM fields.
Boundless Brilliance is a Los Angeles County based 501c3 nonprofit which launched in 2017 and now boasts over 130 volunteers. The organization was founded on a simple, powerful idea: STEM is for everyone. We envision a future of STEM leadership that is as diverse as the world in which we live.
We utilize a unique approach to carry out our mission, which includes empowerment messages and early intervention - targeting students as early as 6 years old, with school-based classroom presentations and no-cost community events that help to ensure that hands on immersion in STEM is accessible to all.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 29, 2021
- Math / Science Instruction
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- The time commitment varies and will depend on specific requests and assignments. On average volunteers in this position volunteer 2-4 hours per week.We are quite flexible and want to work with, as well as learn from the selected candidate.
- Bachelors degree - preferably in english, communications, public relations, or a related field Interest in STEM and science.