1 person is interested
Assistant to the CEO
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Established in 2006, the Center for the Integration & Advancement of New Americans (CIANA), is a small immigrant-serving CBO located in Astoria (Queens) that seeks to integrate new immigrants from the Middle-East/North Africa, South Asia, and Latin America into American society.
As we continue to grow and expand our services, we are looking for a hands-on, highly organized person to work closely with the Founder/CEO to help manage the organization. We use a holistic, family-centered approach to immigrant services. Candidate will gain valuable experience, connect with newcomer communities, help build partnerships in the most diverse Borough in the country, and make a difference in the lives of New York’s most marginalized populations.
Candidate needs to be an organized and flexible people person, with excellent communication and multi-tasking skills, to act as the point person between programs, staff, volunteers, and everyday operations.
- College degree or work experience in social services;
- Strong program/project coordination and management skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to work with all levels of staff and management;
- Experience with database management systems and fundraising software;
- Office management skills;
- Languages are a plus!!
Responsibilities: Provide general administrative support to the CEO, assist CEO with all program management and reporting tasks, and perform other tasks as assigned.
- Maintain communication across programs;
- Maintain personnel and agency records, and ensure timely record-keeping;
- Communicate with coalition and community partners and public officials, and attend community events and meetings;
- Maintain updated contact and donor lists and community resources;
- Manage statistical reporting and client data;
- Recruit personnel and manage office site.
About Center for the Integration and Advancement of New Americans, CIANA
31-09 Newtown Avenue, Suite 411, Astoria, NY 11102, US
To provide special transitional services which will lead to the successful integration of newcomers into American society while continuing to maintain pride in their own cultural heritage .
Immigrants and refugees will be provided with the tools to emerge from poverty, isolation, and linguistic barriers to become full, productive American citizens. Our services promote family well-being and stability, provide counseling and support services, and expose newcomers to the social, economic and educational opportunities available to them. Professional social services will include ESOL and civics classes, citizenship preparation, adult literacy, child welfare and youth services, legal and immigration assistance, financial literacy, micro credit and finance, employment assistance, and information and referral services. Newcomers will gain a deeper understanding of western culture and how to incorporate its positive qualities into their lives without fear of losing their culture and identity; it will help them shape an identity that encompasses the best of both worlds and prevents their isolation and marginalization.
31-09 Newtown AvenueAstoriaNew York, NY 11102
November 29, 2021
- Office Management
- Executive Admin
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Business Development
- Professional Development
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training