Caring Heart in Trumbull
Please visit the new page to apply.
Must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
The Volunteer is responsible for modeling the 3 Company values of Compassion, Integrity, and Excellence, and for promoting the Compassus philosophy, using the 6 Pillars of success as the foundation. S/he is responsible for upholding the Code of Ethical Conduct and for promoting positive working relationships within the company, among all departments, and all external stakeholders. The Volunteer is a hospice trained individual from a professional or non-professional background who provides non-medical support services to patients and families, to the professional hospice staff, and to the organization. S/he are essential to the successful operation of the hospice program. S/he may choose the area in which they prefer to function and the hours they are willing to donate. All duties and responsibilities of volunteers require professionalism, sound judgment, and effective communication skills.
Position Specific Responsibilities
- Administrative Volunteers: Provide assistance in the hospice office or with hospice activities.
- Bereavement Volunteers: Provide support to bereavement clients under the direction of the Bereavement Coordinator and the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Patient Care Volunteers: Provide visits to support patients and families as outlined in the Plan of Care, including companionship, caregiver relief, running errands and other duties as assigned; Provide Angel/11th hour support to patient and/or families as outlined in the Plan of Care, sitting bedside with actively dying patients.
- All Volunteers: Submit documentation of all contacts with patients/families, or of any volunteer activity, in a timely manner to the Volunteer Coordinator; Participate in the in-service programs to keep informed about current information pertinent to the volunteer.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Professional, Certified and/or Complementary Therapies Volunteers: Must provide a current license, certification, or proof of training and experience; Minimum of one year of experience; Ability to maintain infection control requirements; Must be at least 18 years of age.
Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, does not exclude people or treat them
differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
100 Corporate Place, Suite 202, Rocky Hill, CT 06067, US
Profoundly advancing the well-being and honoring the dignity of those we serve, helping make the world a better place--one family at a time.
Compassus is a nationwide network of community-based hospice, palliative and home health care services. Our mission is to offer comfort and hope to patients and families facing serious illness. We support that mission with a commitment to three core values: compassion, integrity, and excellence.
We are a Nashville, Tennessee-based company founded in 2006 with roots in hospice reaching back to 1979. Today, we have more than 150 locations in 31 states across the U.S. Our goals are to provide the highest quality care in every community in which we serve and to be both the provider and employer of choice.
6448 Main StreetTrumbull, CT 06611
January 21, 2022
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18