Please visit the new page to apply.
The role of the Operations/Facilities Volunteer is to provide service to enhance the client experience and assists the delivery of the center’s mission. This is accomplished by taking responsibility for the overall look and feel of the facility and serving primarily in a supporting role with center functionality for direct services, programs, and volunteer groups.
Shift times are flexible but a general idea of what we are looking for.
- Routinely sanitize and/or launder equipment, supplies and other frequently touched surfaces in between uses to meet and exceed Covid regulations
- Review daily program calendar and work with the programming staff accordingly for set up of program rooms for use of equipment, tables and chairs or restoring programs rooms after use
- Working closely with the front office point person and programming staff
- Restock refreshment supplies
- Shelving of delivered supplies (office/paper), and library books
- Distribution of delivered small packages, mail and materials
- Support kitchen coordination
- Manage inventory of comfort items such as quilts, support pillows and hats
- Minor recycling of cardboard and paper
- Recording of own volunteer hours
- Complete position related training
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- morning / 08:00 AM to 09:30 AM
- afternoon / 04:00 PM to 04:45 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About The Dempsey Center
778 Main St, South Portland, ME 04106, US
The Dempsey Center makes life better for people managing the impact of cancer.
The Dempsey Center makes life better for people managing the impact of cancer with locations in Lewiston, South Portland, and now our third virtual location, Dempsey Connects. Services are provided at no cost.
778 Main StSouth Portland, ME 04106
November 29, 2021
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- A few hours a week
- Physical ability to move furniture