DONATE TO THIS
13 people are interested
Help Us Maximize Inner-City Community Access to Technology!
ORGANIZATION: GOODWILL OF WESTERN MISSOURI AND EASTERN KANSAS
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
13 people are interested
Digital Navigator Volunteers Needed (Virtual and/or In-person) to assist the Goodwill Mission Services team in maximizing community access to- and -use of information and communications technology, and in providing basic digital skills training - in support of our mission to achieve Digital Equity.
Volunteers will provide remote and/or socially distant in-person guidance to program participants to help them learn to use critical online services that provide guidance with food support, rent, education, employment, childcare, government benefits and more.
Once trained, a Digital Navigator volunteer will be able to assess a community member’s need, and competently guide them towards resources that are suitable both for their skill level and lifestyle. Additionally, volunteers will be cross trained to offer digital skills training to the program participants at Goodwill.
* Learn about low-cost/free internet connectivity resources and programs that are available
* Learn about low-cost/free devices that are available locally
* Meet with program participants and collect general information about their digital needs
* Provide program participants with information, support and referrals to local programs and resources assisting with internet connectivity and access to devices
* Conduct basic digital skills training to program participants to learn about: how to use a computer, how to use the internet, how to email and how to create an email account, how to apply for jobs online, how to search for jobs online, how to create/update a resume using Microsoft Word
Qualifications and Skills
* Effective interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to search for community resources (online, via phone calls, or in-person)
* Intermediate proficiency with digital knowledge of: Windows 10, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, and Google Chrome
This volunteer role can be performed either in-person at the Goodwill Mission Support Center or virtually. If performed virtually, the volunteer will need to have their own access to the proper computer or laptop device, a high-speed internet connection, and phone.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About GOODWILL OF WESTERN MISSOURI AND EASTERN KANSAS
800 E 18TH ST, KANSAS CITY, MO 64108, US
Goodwill empowers people to discover their potential and adapt for the future through the power of work.
Good is a renewable resource. It takes on many forms, and often comes from unexpected places. Even one small act of good can make a big difference.
For instance: an unassuming bag of stuff that has the power to change lives. When you donate to Goodwill, your stuff gets a second act in another person's life - instead of lying in a landfill. But the good doesn't stop there.
Sales of your stuff fund our employment programs and services, where local job seekers get the skills and confidence they need to find gainful employment. But the good doesn't stop there...
Employment is more than a paycheck - it's a resounding victory: for the individual, for their family, for their community. When jobs thrive, communities thrive.
We know this because we've seen and celebrated it here for more than a century. It's real sustainable change that all starts with one person. When you do a little good, you might be surprised at how far it goes.
Join us in giving your time to Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas. You'll be glad you did.
Good goes further.(tm)
800 East 18th StreetKansas City, MO 64108
July 28, 2022
- Teaching / Instruction
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research
- Microsoft Office Suite
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- A minimum cumulative 20-hour commitment in a three-month period is required for this volunteer role. Scheduling is flexible; shifts can be completed during the weekdays (in-person); or during the evenings and weekends (virtually).
- Must live in the Kansas City area.