Digital Content Manager for a Global Nonprofit
** Please apply for this opening here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScscSPNdJk3Ejxlr11OINSDs_il1Y-pYRSeZ9-TEyj92MF90Q/viewform
We review applications on a rolling basis but encourage applicants to apply by December 31
As a rapidly growing global nonprofit with a large network of social entrepreneurs (100+ served since 2015), BfE serves 15-20 new startups each year through its pro bono 6-8 month Incubation Programme. The Programme components are delivered by student chapters and experienced professionals who volunteer their time to empower early-stage startups to scale their impact and become investor-ready. Startups cover multiple sectors, including health, education, clean energy, agriculture and more. More information about BfE can be found on our website.
About the position (Global Content Manager):
BfE’s Global Communications Team maintains oversight of all internal and external communications. This division is rapidly expanding and drives exciting new channel outreach projects to boost public awareness and engagement with BfE stakeholders. We are seeking an undergraduate, graduate, or early career professional (business) writer who can write, self-edit, receive and give feedback, and manage writing projects across multiple stakeholders.
- Gain valuable leadership experience working in a virtual startup support organization
- Apply your knowledge to make a change and empower social entrepreneurs in low-and-middle income countries
- Build your writing portfolio
- Shape BfE’s content strategy on Medium
- Pitch your own writing projects, conduct research, and grow with the organization
- Join our dynamic global team and contribute to a growing network of diverse, talented and passionate BfE professionals, students and entrepreneurs across the world
- Write monthly thought leadership articles for BfE’s Medium publication
- Lead and provide feedback on Chapters’ thought leadership articles
- Interview BfE mentors for thought leadership articles
- Provide link to portfolio or writing samples
- 1+ years experience as an editor, writing tutor, or writing mentor
- Research, brainstorm, write, edit, and publish monthly Medium articles for BfE
- Understand how to write using BfE’s tone and within BfE’s brand guidelines
- Understand what creates engaging and attention grabbing content
- Understand how consulting/business works, what terms mean, how to communicate with internal consulting teams and external business mentors
- Ability to self-evaluate and understand what makes good and bad writing
- Meticulous and motivated
- Hits deadlines and quotas
- Works well with others
- Able to receive and give feedback
- Strong communicator to all stakeholders providing clear and timely updates
- Leads a team of writers
- Passionate about social entrepreneurship, interested in emerging markets, interested in startups
About Bridges for Enterprise
St John's College, Cambridge, CB2 1TP, GB
We collaborate with early-stage social entrepreneurs in the developing world to scale business ventures and empower local communities.
Bridges for Enterprise (BfE) is a non-profit that provides pro bono advisory services to social innovators in the developing world. Through our flagship Incubation Programme, we support early-stage businesses with existing revenue and a clear mission to create social impact for their beneficiaries. The services are free of charge - and always will be - as we don’t believe that money should ever be a barrier for social entrepreneurs to receive additional support in scaling their ventures.
BfE is run by a global community of purpose-driven professionals and students. As a non-profit established in 2015, we expanded rapidly to operate from five student chapters and developed a client base spanning over 30 countries. We collaborate alongside a growing network of over 200 professional mentors who provide strategic guidance to chapter teams and assistance to startups.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 25, 2021
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- This is a permanent volunteer role with an estimated commitment level of 4-6 hrs / week.
- 1+ years experience as an editor, writing tutor, or writing mentor is considered an advantage