3 people are interested
Social Media Coordinator (Remote)
3 people are interested
If you are looking for a volunteer opportunity that’s challenging and rewarding, this is the position for you! Join our team as Social Media Coordinator and help build a financial foundation for the ASO so we can ensure people with Autism/Asperger’s (ASD-Level1) and their families continue to get the FREE help they need!
What skills and experience you can gain from this role:
- Post regular updates to ASO’s social media platforms including news articles, blog posts, press releases, fundraising appeals and any other promotional items
- Research, collate and create high quality content to post on ASO’s social media accounts
- Adapt ASO campaign message for the different outlet-specific audiences
- Assist in development of social media strategy to support the organization’s campaigns and fundraising activities, and establish targets for increasing online reach
- Monitor activity and user interactions for all social media accounts
- Prepare monthly social media performance report to supervisor
What we are looking for from you:
- Experience in managing key social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.,)
- Experience in graphic design
- Strong writing skills, with careful attention to detail
- Ability to use online tools to engage public, donors, corporate partners
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, and creative
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Has strong and broad social media networks and connections
- Education in Marketing or Public Relation related field is preferred
Technology Capabilities Requirement : Remote access ability. You will be required to use your own computer/laptop.
Time commitment: about 5 hours/per week (remote)
Screening Requirements : Resume, Interview, Reference Check, Writing Samples
Duration: Ongoing for ideally a minimum of 6 month duration. A reference letter could be provided upon completion of a 6 month commitment.
Training & Supervision: Training provided through video conference. Training & Supervision conducted by the Executive Director.
The ASO is a small charity with big heart! We don’t receive any government funding and rely on volunteers like YOU to carry out our mission. We operate virtually so that we can direct our money to where it’s best used - providing help to those who need it! All of our services are offered FREE of charge.
About ASO Ontario
3219 Yonge Street, Suite 231, Toronto, Ontario M4N 3S1, CA
Our mission is to provide educational information and support to individuals diagnosed with Level 1 ASD, their families, educators, medical and mental health professionals, employers, government agencies and the community, to enable individuals with Level 1 ASD to realize their potential as fully contributing members of their community. The goals of ASO are to improve public and professional awareness and understanding of the unique challenges, strengths, and needs of individuals with Level 1 ASD and their families. We do this by providing information and easy access to resources for families, professionals and others interested in Level 1 ASD.
ASO Ontario is an organization that provides educational information and support to individuals diagnosed with Level 1 ASD, their families, educators, medical and mental health professionals, employers, government agencies and the community, to enable individuals with Level 1 ASD to realize their potential as fully contributing members of their community.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 25, 2021
- about 5 hours/per week (remote)