1 person is interested
Grant Writer (Remote)
1 person is interested
If you are looking for a volunteer opportunity that’s equal parts challenging and rewarding, then this is the position for you! Join our team as a volunteer grant writer and help build a financial foundation for the ASO so we can ensure people with Autism/Asperger’s (ASD-Level1) and their families continue to get the FREE help they need!
Need to know more about the job? Here are some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Write grant applications and proposals, monitor grant process and coordinate efforts for new and renewable grants and alternate funding streams.
- Make recommendations about possible funding sources to the Executive Director and Board
- Oversee and perform grant implementation, including budget monitoring and outcome evaluation.
- Utilize various sources of information to research grant possibilities including online databases, journals, contacts, books and independent research to determine requirements and qualifications.
- Maintain a calendar of grant deadlines.
- Conduct and compile research on grantors and determine areas of interest, criteria, restrictions, financial basis and past awards.
- Collaborate with ASO’s Executive Director and Board of Directors to identify funding needs and to support alternative funding requests.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Monitor and track expenditures of awards, grants or special projects.
- Develop or assist in the development of necessary accounting, budget reporting and tracking systems for grant proposals or awarded grants and alternate funds.
What we are looking for from you:
- Must possess strong written communication skills and the ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Must have strong editing skills, attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines, and knowledge of grant information sources.
- Must have experience with proposal writing and knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Possesses strong oral and Interpersonal Skills to be able to communicate with potential organizations and/or government contacts on the desired grant.
Technology Capabilities Requirement : Remote access ability. You will be required to use your own computer/laptop. You must be familiar with online web-conferencing tools (e.g., Zoom, Google Meet).
Time commitment: about 5 hours/per week (remote)
Screening Requirements : Resume, Interview, Reference Check, Writing Samples
Duration: Ongoing for ideally a minimum of 6 month duration. A reference letter could be provided upon completion of a 6 month commitment.
The ASO is a small charity with big heart! We don’t receive any government funding and rely on volunteers like YOU to carry out our mission. We operate virtually so that we can direct our money to where it’s best used - providing help to those who need it! All of our services are offered FREE of charge.
About ASO Ontario
3219 Yonge Street, Suite 231, Toronto, Ontario M4N 3S1, CA
Our mission is to provide educational information and support to individuals diagnosed with Level 1 ASD, their families, educators, medical and mental health professionals, employers, government agencies and the community, to enable individuals with Level 1 ASD to realize their potential as fully contributing members of their community. The goals of ASO are to improve public and professional awareness and understanding of the unique challenges, strengths, and needs of individuals with Level 1 ASD and their families. We do this by providing information and easy access to resources for families, professionals and others interested in Level 1 ASD.
ASO Ontario is an organization that provides educational information and support to individuals diagnosed with Level 1 ASD, their families, educators, medical and mental health professionals, employers, government agencies and the community, to enable individuals with Level 1 ASD to realize their potential as fully contributing members of their community.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 25, 2021
- minimum of 5 hours per week with a 6 months commitment to the role