1 person is interested
1 person is interested
Program interns will assist our program team to grant wishes for children with critical illnesses. Note: this is an administrative internship and interns will likely have no interaction with wish kids. Requirements: The ideal intern must have strong communication, organization, and writing skills. Candidate must have a high energy level, a professional appearance, a "go-getter" attitude, and excellent writing skills. In addition, candidate must be comfortable speaking on the phone and have a personable and friendly demeanor. Attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment are critical. The program intern position requires a self starter with drive and motivation and the ability to work independently with little supervision. Schedule and availability: Program intern should be available for a minimum of 12 hours a week. The office is open 9a-5p, Monday-Friday. Job Duties
- Process new wish referrals and create digital wish file
- Enter new referrals in Raiser's Edge
- Call physicians' offices for follow-up on medical eligibility forms
- Contact wish granting volunteers via phone or email
- Recruit volunteers for wish granter trainings
- Send eligibility documents to wish families
- Follow up on pending wish referrals
- Conduct virtual wish visits with families
- Contact volunteers for available wish granting opportunities
- Research specific aspects of a wish, example: special needs computers, sensory room redo, etc.
- Send thank you letters for in-kind donations
- Write wish stories
About Make-A-Wish Central and Northern Florida
1020 North Orlando Ave., Suite 100, Maitland, FL 32751, US
We grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy.
Every 38 minutes Make-A-Wish grants the wish of a child diagnosed with a life-threatening medical condition in the United States and its territories. We believe that a wish experience can be a game-changer. This one belief guides us in everything we do. It inspires us to grant wishes that change the lives of the kids we serve.
1020 North Orlando Ave.Suite 100Maitland, FL 32751
November 24, 2021
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Program intern should be available for a minimum of 12 hours a week. The office is open 9a-5p, Monday-Friday.