Help pick up Angel Tree gifts from local donors, and drop off Bell Ringers at their designated red kettle stands!
Shifts are flexible, and this opportunity is available in near Chicagoland suburbs throughout November and December and we would love to have your help!
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Safely operate the vehicles under direct supervision
- Assist in loading and/or unloading of transported items
- Ensure timely transport of people and or items
- 18 years or older
- Passion for helping
- Experience and comfort in driving throughout the city
- High energy, poised demeanor, and friendly disposition
- Ability to relate to and work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Reliable, organized, and hard working
- Pass initial screening process, including a background check and Motor Vehicle Report
About The Salvation Army Metro Chicago
5040 N. Pulaski, Volunteer Resource Department, Chicago, IL 60630, US
The mission of The Salvation Army is to meet human needs wherever they may be, without discrimination.
The Salvation Army is serving more people in need and delivering the broadest array of services than any other not-for-profit organization in Chicagoland. The Salvation Army is making an impact every day in three key areas of critical importance and concern to people across Chicagoland -- Homelessness, Violence and Education. And, The Salvation Army is delivering the most critical services -- food, shelter, emergency assistance and disaster relief.
In communities throughout Chicago and the surrounding five-county area, we extend emergency and supportive assistance from 28 corps community centers, 80 service extension units, the Emergency Disaster Services Center, residential programs, mobile units, and several counseling sites.
Multiple locations Franklin Park, IL 60131
November 23, 2021
- Bus/Van Driving
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Flexible schedule, but the ideal volunteer will be able to commit to multiple days throughout the season!
- Volunteers are required to bring and wear a personal face mask throughout the entirety of the volunteer shift.