2 people are interested
Office Assistant Volunteer
2 people are interested
PURPOSE: To provide support to the staff members of DMARC, particularly with clerical and data entry tasks. Provide customer service to agency visitors as needed.
- Assist with mass copy orders and bulk mailings.
- Ensure document preservation through scanning and organizing within Sentry File document server.
- Prepare for agency special events, including updating Excel files to track event details. Assist during events as needed and available.
- Other clerical tasks as needed
TRAINING: Training is designed to cover (but not limited to):
- The agency policies and procedures.
- Professionalism in dealing with the general public, customer service skills, and training in other soft-skill areas such as cultural sensitivity, conflict management, etc.
- Technology and office equipment including copiers and computers.
Looking forward to working with you!
About Des Moines Area Religious Council
1435 Mulberry St, Des Moines, IA 50309, US
Working to meet basic human needs within the greater Des Moines Community
The Des Moines Area Religious Council (DMARC) is a nonprofit organization with interfaith roots, whose mission is to meet basic human needs in the greater Des Moines community. The DMARC Food Pantry Network consists of 14 partner pantry sites, multiple Mobile Food Pantry locations, two food warehouses, and numerous community partners. The DMARC Food Pantry Network is committed to providing healthy food options and fresh produce to the people it assists. Once per calendar month, people can select a three-day supply of food from any one of its Food Pantry Network partner pantries, and AnyTime Items are available whenever a pantry is open. Last year, DMARC assisted 58,707 unique individuals living with food insecurity in Greater Des Moines.
DMARC could never do the work of feeding so many people without the partnership of many, diverse faith communities. Nearly 200 faith communities from across the religious spectrum support DMARC with cash support, donations of food, and service. Because we can do so much more together than we can on our own, DMARC has a commitment to helping our faith communities learn about one another and build relationships.
1435 Mulberry StreetDes Moines, IA 50309
November 23, 2021
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours a week or 10 hours a month