Have you been looking for a volunteer position where you can have a huge impact on youth in your community? Are you interested in helping a STEM non-profit organization expand its reach? Are you looking to practice or build your skills in the marketing and social media areas? Would you like to build your network in the STEM non-profit space? This volunteer opportunity offers all this and more.
New England Sci-Tech (NEST) is a non-profit STEM+ education center and makerspace dedicated to project-based, hands-on learning for youth and families across the New England community. https://nescitech.org/
NEST is seeking a volunteer Marketing Coordinator. This position is unpaid. The candidate will oversee NEST’s marketing strategy and social media presence.
Required time commitment: 1 day per week, but flexible hours
Location: Candidate must be located within a commutable distance of Natick, MA, USA.
- Provide leadership over marketing and communications endeavors.
- Develop overall marketing strategy and conduct market research.
- Build brand awareness and reach target audiences.
- Work with others on the board and leadership team to ensure that the marketing strategy and plan meets the needs of NEST.
- Create and execute social media strategies.
- Attend NEST leadership team meetings.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Marketing experience from industry or academia.
- Has an interest in STEM and non-profit organizations.
- Preferred experience with a variety of social media platforms.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About NEW ENGLAND SCI-TECH INC
16 TECH CIR STE 101, NATICK, MA 01760, US
New England Sci-Tech is a non-profit STEM+ education center and makerspace dedicated to project-based, hands-on learning for youth and families across the New England community.
- Classes and workshops in electronics, space science, ham radio, astronomy, robotics, photography, coding, computers, Arduinos, game theory, 3D design, spooky music, wearable technology, telescope making, edible 3D, Cubes-in-SpaceTM, kite making, quadcopters, battle-bots, and more.
- License classes in amateur radio.
- FCC radio examinations.
- Maker lab space.
- Summer and after-school programs.
- Public astronomy nights.
- Introducing youth to amateur radio as a hobby and the ultimate STEM science.
- Educational support for the home school community or schools wanting STEM+ enrichment.
- Tutoring in math, science, Latin, English.
- Qualifying activities for scout merit badges.
- Meeting space for local amateur radio clubs.
- Space for amateur radio contesting events.
- Gathering space for MAGIC card players.
- Science Fair support.
- See calendar of upcoming courses and events.
16 Tech CircleNatick, MA 01760
November 23, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- 1 day per week, but flexible hours