Lowell Humane Society is looking for individuals who are passionate about bettering the lives of animals to join our Foster Care Program. You will receive training, ongoing support, and all of the supplies needed to care for the animals that stay with you. Foster Families for guinea pigs and cats are in high demand at this time, but we occasionally need foster families for dogs as well. The length of time for each foster animal varies, but LHS staff will match-make to find you the foster care placements that work for your schedule and lifestyle.
In order to become a Foster Care family, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a separate room to isolate shelter animals from your owned pets
- a spare bedroom, office, bathroom, or temperature-controlled mudroom all work!
- Your owned pets must be up to date on vaccinations and spayed/neutered as appropriate
- You must have permission from your landlord to have pets OR own your home and show proof of homeownership
- Have reliable transportation* to and from Lowell Humane Society to pick up/drop off foster animals during business hours and for emergencies
- Be located within a 30-mile radius of the shelter
*Public Transportation is not suitable, as you may need to bring the animals in during emergencies or late at night if they fall illLearn more about the Foster Care Program here: http://www.lowellhumanesociety.org/get-involved/foster/
About Lowell Humane Society
951 Broadway St, Lowell, MA 01854, US
The Lowell Humane Society is one of the oldest humane organizations in the state of Massachusetts. The Lowell Humane Society works tirelessly to prevent cruelty, provide care for homeless and distressed animals and educate the public about responsible pet ownership.
The Society is a private not for profit organization and does not receive any city, state or federal funding. Operations are supported through the generous support of individuals, businesses and foundations
The Lowell Humane Society is a non-profit animal shelter which cares for 2,500+ animals each year. The shelter relies soleley on the generous donations of its supporters and relies heavily on volunteers for day to day operations of the shelter.
951 Broadway St.Lowell, MA 01854
November 23, 2021
- Animal Care / Handling
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training