3 people are interested
Board Member Volunteer (Treasurer)
ORGANIZATION: Womenful Voice
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Womenful Voice is an international non-profit organization whose mission is to empower women to advocate and address the most critical needs of vulnerable girls and women through policies, education, and health to achieve long-term positive outcomes.
Treasurer, Board of Directors
The Board of Directors plays a vital role in Womenful Voice achieving its goals in its governance, policy, and strategy approval, and fundraising activities. Director(s) must actively contribute their leadership, financial resources, time, and talents to meeting the organization's objectives.
The Board actively seeks qualified Director(s) who meet the highest personal and professional standards and reflect the diversity of our worldwide community in terms of gender, ethnicity, and profession. New Directors are elected for an initial three-year term and then become eligible for reelection to a second three-year term, subject to review. The review is based on approved Board expectations, strategic objectives, and the director's continuation in meeting the organization's goal.
- Willing to be an active member of the organization
- Perform financial oversite of the organization
- Accounting experience
- Believe in the organization's purpose, mission, and approach and commit to act responsibly and prudently as its steward.
- Acceptance of legal, fiduciary, and ethical responsibilities to ensure the organization does the work possible to pursue its goals.
- Attendance at quarterly board meetings and conference calls.
- Active participation during and between board meetings, including resource development, policy and strategy oversight activities, and special events (make Womenful Voice a priority in civic involvement).
- Select one area of your personal expertise or passion for working with Womenful Voice to help us improve or grow.
- Represent the organization well and be an effective spokesperson in interpreting the organization's work and values to the community.
- Maintain independence and objectivity in conducting Womenful Voice business and avoid even the appearance of a conflict o interest, disclosing any potential conflicts to the Board promptly.
- Work with staff, volunteers, and other board members in good faith as partners toward the achievement of the organization's goals, mindful that the role of the Board is governance, policy, and strategy approval (not management).
- Stay informed about the organization's activities, including reviewing financial statements, asking relevant questions, and requesting information as appropriate; be willing to participate in making decisions actively and take responsibility for them; and oversee the hiring and accountability of any Chief Officer.
- A minimum personal giving threshold ($1k annual minimum)
7 More opportunities with Womenful Voice
About Womenful Voice
2358 E 124th Ct, Thornton, CO 80241, US
Empower women to advocate and address the needs of vulnerable girls and women through policies, education, and health to achieve long-term positive outcomes.
The Company is organized to receive, administer and expend funds to support the following:
- To spur economic activity in the rural Caribbean and East African Countries.
- To implement scholarship and health programs
- To provide programs to strengthen the role of women that ensures their long-term sustainability and fosters growth and independence
- To advocate for change that benefits the status of women and girls
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 29, 2023
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Financial Auditing
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Must be at least 30
- Meetings are once every three months, and it can be online or in-person.
- There is a minimum personal giving threshold ($1.5k annual minimum; ability to give more); Womenful Voice is among the top priorities in personal giving.