DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Director of Human Resources
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Operation Safe Escape is a 501c3 nonprofit volunteer-run organization dedicated to combating domestic violence by helping people escape their dangerous situations and strengthening partnerships with domestic violence shelters, safe houses, advocacy organizations, and other key groups. As a secondary mission, OSE assists those impacted by stalking, harassment, and human trafficking.
OSE is looking for a Director of Human Resources.
What we’re looking for:
- A passionate do-gooder. Our organization consists entirely of folks who offer up their time & effort to the betterment of others so we’d like more of the same.
- Experience in Human Resources
- Education in Recruiting, Training Coordination / Onboarding, and related roles
- A champion of diversity, equality, & inclusion. We don’t believe that discrimination should exist in the world at-large, so we certainly don’t want it within OSE. Someone who’s passionate about finding ways to be more accessible & inclusive would be a great fit for the role.
- A trustworthy custodian of confidential information. As the Director of Human Resources , you will come into contact with private information, which we expect you to safeguard responsibly.
Some great bonuses include:
- Experience in a non-profit organization or an organization’s social good component ( e.g. Apple’s "Environment, Policy, and Social Initiatives" , Inclusion & Diversity teams, ...)
- Experience with privacy considerations
- Experience with employment / labor law, non-profit volunteer compliance, & related topics
What the role looks like:
- Owning the onboarding experience. Once our hiring managers & other staff involved in the recruitment process interview candidates & decide to move forward, you’ll be responsible for coordinating their background check with our background check team, requesting accounts for the new volunteer from our System Administrators, & similar Human Resources tasks.
- Learning about new topics as it concerns non-profits & the use of volunteers within them
- Contributing to organization-wide education. This could be 1 -on- 1 conversations or presentations to stakeholders on topics such as liabilities for non-profits when the line is crossed between employee & volunteer, proposals for new training platforms, or processes .
What we offer:
- The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of your fellow human beings. (You may not be able to change the whole world, but you can help change the whole world for 1 person)
- A turnkey professional network , including professional networking opportunities with a wide array of experts in information security, technology, public safety, community advocacy, policy, & more professions.
- Opportunities for career growth & lateral career transitions
- Access to a number of free or steeply discounted training opportunities & platforms.
- A flexible schedule. We understand occupational & family commitments, as we all do this work pro-bono in addition to our own day jobs & time with family. If you need to take a step back, we are here to support you until such time you are able to continue working with OSE.
- The excitement of building something from the ground up. While OSE has been around for quite some time , we’re experiencing a major growth phase
Experience working with domestic violence or social service organization is highly desired.
About Operation Safe Escape
Operation Safe Escape was established in 2016 to address the growing need for security and safety in cases of domestic violence and related crimes such as stalking and harassment. Since that time, the organization’s charter has expanded to assist those impacted by human trafficking.
Operation Safe Escape is a volunteer-run organization that provides client-centric security and safety expertise, resources, and direct assistance to clients and partners across all security domains. There is no cost for the organization’s services. Additionally, the organization advocates for social and policy changes as they relate to its mission. Operation Safe Escape is a founding member of the Coalition Against Stalkerware.
The organization is a 501c3 tax exempt entity in good standing with the IRS. EIN: 46-4234802. Operation Safe Escape does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, selection of volunteers and partners, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our clients, volunteers, partners, and clients.
Respect: We will treat our clients, partners, and one another with dignity and the respect they deserve
Professionalism: We will give our clients and partners our very best so they know they’re in good hands
Integrity: We keep our word and will do the right thing legally and morally
Innovation: We will always strive to find cutting-edge solutions to stay ahead of the adversary
Authenticity: As an organization, we are who we say we are. We live our own values hold ourselves accountable
The best people: We recruit and partner with the best processionals in their respective fields
About OPERATION - SAFE ESCAPE
7596 Ritchie Hwy, Suite 1467, GLEN BURNIE, MD 21061, US
Mission Operation Safe Escape combats domestic violence and related crimes by providing security and safety tools, resources, and direct assistance to people impacted by domestic violence, their support systems, and institutional organizations such as shelters, safe houses, and social services. Vision 1. Operation Safe Escape is the premier resource for safety and security resources presented and delivered in a survivor-centric way that respects their agency and provides actionable, consistent results 2. Operation Safe Escape advocates for legal, societal, and technological change in ways that benefit those impacted by domestic violence and related crimes
Operation Safe Escape was established to address the growing need for security and safety in cases of domestic violence and related crimes such as stalking and harassment. Since that time, the organization’s charter has expanded to assist those impacted by human trafficking.
We are a volunteer-run organization that provides client-centric security and safety expertise, resources, and direct assistance to clients and partners across all security domains. There is no cost for the organization’s services. Additionally, we advocate for social and policy changes as they relate to its mission. To date, we have helped over 3,000 people (that number doesn't account for children and pets, so the actual number is much higher) escape abusive and dangerous situations.
Operation Safe Escape does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status
We treat our clients, partners, and one another with dignity and the respect they deserve
We will give our clients and partners our very best so they know they’re in good hands
We keep our word and will do the right thing legally and morally
We will always strive to find cutting-edge solutions to stay ahead of the adversary
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 22, 2021
- Human Resources Strategy
- Organization Design
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Human Resources Legal Compliance
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Human Resources Assistance
- Background Check
- As available, but no less than 5 hours a week