Please bear in mind that this position must take into consideration CDC guidelines in planning events. Our organization's policy is that Trauma Speaks staff must provide proof of vaccination or proof a negative COVID test within 72 hours of an event hosted by the organization.
As an event planner for Trauma Speaks, your responsibilities primarily focus on organization and management of events such as conceptualizing themes and ideas that align with our mission and vision as an organization. You will also be in charge of planning budgets and preparing invoices, booking venues, acting as a liaison with suppliers, clients, handling/managing logistics of the event, and presenting reports after the event.
In addition, you will also be responsible in canvassing nearby events in which Trauma Speaks can set up to connect with other agencies, and/or provide services (i.e farmer's market, career fair)
This position requires participation in meetings (i.e phone or online)
- Gain experience in utilizing your skills in event planning on mental-health related projects
- Gain knowledge about the field as well as expand your knowledge regarding other people's perspectives as well as current trends or research regarding mental health, trauma, etc.
- Meet new people and build your network
- Background and/or experience in public relations, management, or related field
- Experience in project management with record of successful events
- Creative and outside-the-box thinking
- Team-leader and be able to delegate tasks effectively
- Financial savvy
- Be able to volunteer a minimum of 3hrs/wk
- Coordinate with executive board, newsletter, social media handler, financial manager, community/outreach manager & marketing specialist
- Interested in applying skills in a mental-health related field
About Trauma Speaks
No physical address, Los Angeles, CA 90046, US
Our foundation is dedicated to bringing awareness to the Mental Health issues that affect our communities near and far. We aid in the healing of individuals and collectives, through offering mental health resources & wellness tools in the form of; affordable workshops, webinars, podcasts, membership opportunities and more. We also host fundraisers and fairs that instill awareness and empathy, to heal those who’ve been affected by trauma and other mental health issues.
We are a women-led organization. We hope that this website can serve as an inspiration, motivation and help people understand that mental health is as important as physical health. We are advocates in breaking the stigma attached to trauma and mental illnesses. This is the primary purpose of why Trauma Speaks was created.
Started in 2017 as a mental health blog to provide a safe space for individuals suffering or that suffered mental health struggles/mental health disorders, Trauma Speaks expanded into a podcast and website where psychoeducation about mental health was emphasized alongside personal experiences being shared by members of the community. Now, Trauma Speaks has become a start-up non-profit with the goal of expanding psychoeducation on mental health within the community by providing workshops, webinars, fairs, conferences, etc. to raise awareness about mental health and mental health related issues. One of the projects we would like to accomplish in the near future is being able to develop a one-stop-shop mental health app that individuals can access and use without having to download multiple apps to achieve the same purpose.
Multiple locations Los Angeles, CA 90046
November 20, 2021
- Mental Health
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Customer Service
- Event Planning / Management
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 3 hours per week and at least 8-month commitment