Digital Marketing and Communications Intern
Patapsco Heritage Greenway’s (PHG) mission is to preserve, protect, interpret and restore the environment, history, and culture of the Patapsco Valley. We seek to reach our mission through a robust environmental stewardship program, expanding recreational opportunities, and managing the Patapsco Valley Heritage Area (PVHA), one of thirteen Maryland state heritage areas, in support of heritage tourism initiatives. We seek a Digital Marketing and Communications Intern to join our team, based in Ellicott City, Maryland.
The intern will assist staff in advancing both PHG and PVHA brands and messaging. Responsibilities include helping to expand PHG and PVHA social media presence, online media engagement, creating and coordinating content for platforms including our website, social media, and email campaigns in collaboration with staff, as well as other marketing and communications duties as assigned. The intern will also have an opportunity to engage with our website redesign process. The term of the paid internship runs through June 2022.
- A currently enrolled college student at a Maryland institution with a strong preference for students majoring in marketing, communications and/or public relations.
- A collaborative, motivated, detail oriented, and organized individual with excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with digital marketing, web, social media and/or CMS platforms.
- An interest in regional environmental, historical, recreational and cultural programming.
- A commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Baltimore County and Howard County communities as well as some Spanish language proficiency is beneficial but not required.
- Creates and edits website content in coordination with PHG staff.
- Assists with marketing and messaging of PHG and PVHA programs.
- Assists with digital reports, newsletters, and other born-digital publications.
- In coordination with staff, publicizes PHG-supported meetings, events, programs, projects, and activities, including public events, trainings, grant schedules, and more.
- Creates and manages a communications calendar in coordination with PHG staff.
- Assists with webinars, online products and advocacy training as necessary.
Working for PHG:
PHG focuses on creating a positive work environment and offers the following benefits with this internship position:
- Salary: $16.00/hour at 20 hours per week
- Support for and encouragement of professional development opportunities, including trainings, conferences and networking events.
- Reimbursement for work-related travel expenses.
- Our team works in a hybrid manner with a mix of virtual and in-person engagement, although we expect candidates to be located within driving distance of Ellicott City.
- We are a small organization and work hard to create a team atmosphere. Everyone is approachable, lines of communication are open, and we participate in team building exercises.
About Patapsco Heritage Greenway
PO BOX 96, ELLICOTT CITY, MD 21041, US
Our mission is to protect, preserve and enhance the history, heritage and environment of the Patapsco River Valley.
Preserve. Protect. Interpret. Restore.
Patapsco Heritage Greenway is a small nonprofit based in Ellicott city, MD. We manage the Patapsco Valley Heritage Greenway, an area that encompasses both land in Patapsco Valley State Park as well as areas outside it. PHG is dedicated to providing both environmental and historical stewardship within the Patapsco Valley Heritage Area.
3748 Old Columbia PikeEllicott CityEllicott City, MD 21043
November 19, 2021
- Environmental Education
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Marketing Analytics
- Community Outreach
- 20 hours per week