Future Scouts Youth & Elders Advisory Council
The Future Scouts YEA! (Youth & Elders) Advisory Council is seeking lifelong learners age 7-21 and Elders age 50+, who will take an active role in developing a unique vision for intergenerational learning and exchange in the 21st century.
The Youth & Elders Council is actively involved in and committed to the Future Scouts Code. Peers of the Youth & Elders Council are mostly driven by the desire to provide a safe, collaborative and supportive community, provide opportunities for stakeholders across youth service and adult education to collaborate and interweave their respective stories, facilitate the sharing of knowledge, best practices, and experience. These experiences serve as active and insightful examples of the types of skills, literacies, and adaptive mindsets that will equip learners of all ages to thrive in the 21st century.
It is our belief that the future that our youth inherit should be equitable, just, and inclusive to all. We challenge systems of oppression towards ethnic, racial, gender, age and economic exclusion. We believe everyone deserves opportunities to reach their full potential.
Peers on the YEA! council meet individually and in group settings to support the development and evaluation of the Future Scouts Code and Charter, discuss the development of the network, and to share innovations, projects and best practices among peers.
Activities of the YEA! Council
- Help envision the future of the youth service organization and of 21st century youth services
- Promote a spirit of team and collaboration by working together to identify and fulfill identified needs & talents, both within the Future Scouts community and the broader community.
- Identify ways to engage a cross section of youth and elders in Future Scouts.
- Promote understanding of and support for the Future Scouts.
- Provide mentorship and leadership to Future Scouts.
- Highlight the importance of building intergenerational relationships to the Future Scouts vision.
- Help communicate future directions to the Peers of the Future Scouts
- Provide feedback on the Future Scouts Code - vision, mission, values, and governing policies.
- Provide feedback on new and existing Future Scout programs
- Provide feedback on various internal and external policy initiatives related to the Future Scouts Represent Future Scouts in its networks
- Advocate for the unique collaborative efforts of the Future Scouts
- Share personal expertise as and when needed
- Evaluate, refine and make recommendations for future learning platform
- Evaluate, refine and make recommendations for future workshops
- Communicate frequently with the fellow peers and the Future Scouts Advisory Board
- Create a supportive network circle
Peers of the YEA! council are non-paid representatives of the organization. They are selected for their interest in our mission, their commitment to empowering youth, and their ability to contribute to the Future Scouts community.
For now, we are accepting Youth and Elder Advisors for January 2022 - March 2022.
About Future Scouts Foundation
13928 MOUNTAIN VIEW PL, SYLMAR, CA 91342, US
Future Scouts (est. 2016) is an international scouting organization for 21st century learners of all ages and genders. Future Scouts create experiences, invent tools and develop technologies that help youngsters, teens and adults become self-directed, lifelong learners. The mission of the Future Scouts Foundation is to prepare learners with survival skills for the 21st century. We create transformative learning and service opportunities for ages 6 and up. Future Scouts promotes a self-directed, lifelong learning approach for education with no age ceilings, no gender limits, no geographical borders, and no cost barriers.
Future Scouts is a next-generation decentralized youth service organization leading internationally in preparing learners with the skills, literacies and tools to succeed in all of the challenges of the 21st century. We do this by providing technology, services, and curriculum that integrate 21st century skills, systems thinking, sensemaking, collaboration and more into a holistic learning experience for learners of all ages.
We started in 2016 in Los Angeles with a two week summer program designed as a creative laboratory for youth aged 12-17. In 2022, we will be launching Future Scouts 2.0, and our global membership. Through our online and offline activities, after school, camp, workshops, home school programs, and special events, we have provided enriching, unique learning opportunities for youth in grades K-12 and beyond for over 2000 learners in hundreds of workshops in 5 different countries.
Multiple locations Santa Monica, CA 90405
November 18, 2021
- Youth Services
- Child Development
- Adult Education
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- All positions are volunteer positions, and members will need to commit a minimum number of hours each quarter. As a baseline, this is at least 6 hours per month, including a monthly YEA! Council call.