12 people are interested
Volunteer HR Associate: HRSS Administrator (Remote)
12 people are interested
- STW(tm) will provide a "letter of recommendation" to interns, students & professionals who are able to showcase outstanding performance for school/university credit and for professional references.
STW(tm) is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to conduct water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water, and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impacts. STW (tm) also offers educational programs to excite young minds about water science.
Our volunteers are diverse professionals from all over the world bringing their knowledge and experience to STW (tm) because we care deeply about our communities and water resources. We learn and collaborate in an open and empowering work environment to find long-term solutions to the water contamination problem. Our vision is "Contamination free, healthy water for all."
To learn more about Save the Water(tm), please visit www.savethewater.org .
The HR Admin provides administrative support to the HR Group by way of processing new volunteers, keeping documentation updated, checking and enhancing checklist/spreadsheets, maintaining volunteer personnel files, communicating and dealing with volunteer queries in a timely manner. The HR admin also works on a few special projects for the HR team at STW(tm). They report to Director HR for now.
What you will be responsible for...
- Work closely with the Project Leader of HR Shared Services to support hiring needs.
- Complete the steps in the New Hire Checklist.
- Create an email address for new volunteers, grant access to the STW(tm) Cyber Office and STW(tm) Calendar.
- Send welcome emails for new volunteers, ensure the candidate completed all the steps from the welcome letter.
- File Volunteer Documents.
- Update Personnel Contact List.
- Complete the steps in the Separation Checklist.
- Deactivate the email address.
- Move Contact to Inactive Volunteers Personnel Contact List.
- Ensure consistent documentation with HR Group (emails/ads/job description) .
- Provides communication on behalf of the HR Group to STW(tm) volunteers regarding holidays, office closures, and any other announcement related to HR operations.
- Prepare the STW (tm) National Holiday Calendar on a yearly basis (usually in December)
- Reset passwords for current volunteers as required.
- Maintain personnel files of all volunteers (complete volunteer lifecycle) (Checking the file when they join, through google form and preparing a monthly report for the Recruitment team to ensure to take corrective actions).
- Perform twice a year audits of timesheets and Personnel Files of volunteers across groups. (google form and preparing a report for actions).
- Automate process (especially checklists) and try to reduce HR paperwork.
- Assist in updating and maintaining a project plan.
- Attend bi-weekly human resources meeting and monthly talent management team meeting.
Apply Now if you have....
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Associates degree completed or minimum 1-year full time paid/non-profit work experience required.
- Attention to details.
- Self-disciplined, completing assigned tasks on deadlines.
- Good in Ms Excel, Word, Google Docs.
- Requires self-direction, tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous and professional manner. When dealing with the public.
- Must demonstrate effective oral communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff inside and outside of the department.
- Knowledge of US Labor laws and compliance like HIPAA, OSHA and DPA preferred.
How to apply:
If interested, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . We would love to hear from you!
Applicants residing in North-America are preferred however we welcome volunteers from all around the world who are comfortable volunteering & attending meetings at EST Time Zone.
*Save the Water(tm) is an Equal Opportunity Organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
**As part of Save the Water(tm)'s standard process, candidates will undergo an Employment & Education Verification check for the offer to be extended. These verification checks will be conducted either by Save the Water(tm) directly or by a professional third party firm at no charge to the applicant and include: prior employment verification, education verification only.
About Save the Water, Inc.
"All Positions are Virtual", Plantation, FL 33322, US
The mission of Save The Water™ is to conduct water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water, and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impact.
Save the Water(tm) is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to conduct water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water, and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impacts.
Our volunteers are diverse professionals from all over the world bringing their knowledge and experience to STW(tm) because we care deeply about our communities and water resources. We learn and collaborate in an open and empowering work environment to find long-term solutions to the water contamination problem. Our vision is "Contamination free, healthy water for all"
To learn more about Save the Water(tm) , please visit www.savethewater.org
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 18, 2021
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Reading Comprehension
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity and as an Associate, you are required to contribute a minimum of 5 hours per week.
- Associate must be willing to attend virtual meeting in EST Timezone and be responsive to emails within 24 hours.