Pasco County Senior Companionship Opportunities with Seniors in Service!
Location: Land O’Lakes
Volunteer role: Senior Companion
Days/Times: Weekday mornings from 9:30-11AM; afternoons from 1-3PM
Duties: Provide companionship to residents in the memory care unit under the supervision of the Activities Coordinator
Requirements: Must be patient, compassionate and kind. Able to relate to senior population. Masks and temperature checks required.
Training: Provided on-site
Location: Dade City
Volunteer role: Store Assistant
Days/Times: Tuesday and Thursday from 9AM-12PM
Duties: Assist shoppers, help sort and place donations on sales floor
Requirements: Must be kind. Must demonstrate patience and compassion to those seeking help from this food pantry and thrift store. Physically able to sort and place donated items.
Training: Provided on-site
Location: Varies depending on assignment; sites across Pasco
Volunteer Roles: Thrift store support, Respite help, Kitchen help, Home visits, Companionship for hospice patients at in-patient unit
Days/Times: Varies depending on assignment and location
Duties: Depends on role
Requirements: Background check required. Requirements vary depending on role.
Training: Provided by station
Wesley Chapel Community Center
Location: Wesley Chapel
Volunteer Roles: Food Ministry help, Community Lunch support, Raptime tutor
Days/Times: Food Ministry (Fridays 2:30-6:00PM); Raptime (Mon-Weds 3-6PM)
Duties: Work on location or travel to homes to deliver food. Tutor elementary or middle school aged children Mon-Weds 3-6PM. Your time is flexible.
Requirements: Must be physically able to help serve/pack/deliver food.
About Seniors in Service of Tampa Bay, Inc.
1306 West Sligh Ave., Tampa, FL 33604, US
Seniors in Service of Tampa Bay provides solutions to community challenges by engaging volunteers aged 55+
Programs Offered Through Seniors in Service:
Foster Grandparent Program (FGP)
- The Foster Grandparent Program recruits senior volunteers (55+) to go into schools and after-school programs to mentor at-risk and special needs children and provide them with one-on-one, individualized attention
Senior Companion Program (SCP)
- The Senior Companion Program recruits senior volunteers (55+) to go into the homes of homebound, elderly clients and provide them with companionship and assistance.
Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
- The RSVP Program recruits senior volunteers(55+) to participate more fully in the life of the community through volunteer service. The program matches the considerable wealth of knowledge, skills, and experience of this vital and rapidly growing age group with the addressing of critical needs and unresolved issues in our community.
Operation Veteran Connect
- Provides companionship to veterans, enabling them to live independently. Supports the VA in supporting providing Whole Health support to veterans.
Seniors in Service values diversity. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, ages, gender and/or those with disabilities are encouraged to engage with our organization.
Multiple locations Port Richey, FL 34673
November 18, 2021
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, based on Coordinator needs.