Hillsborough County Youth Empowerment Volunteer Opportunities with Seniors in Service!
Stem Skill Building
Location: Tampa Bay Area
Encourage students to explore STEM with STEM Xposure! A local nonprofit organization based in the Tampa Bay Area has a mission is to expose and engage minority students in the community to STEM Careers and the impact of architectural design Volunteer positions include administrative support, fund raising, camp volunteers, marketing, speakers, and more.
Guardian Ad Litem
Location: Throughout Hillsborough County
A Guardian ad Litem Volunteer Child Advocate has made the decision to speak up for a child in the dependency system, commonly referred to as the foster care system Currently, there are more than 3,200 abused, abandoned and neglected children in Hillsborough County who are the subject of court proceedings Children should not endure the system without a champion- that is why the Guardian ad Litem Program exists
Volunteer Needs:Commit efforts to represent these children so that each child’s needs are met and their voices are heard during their time in the dependency system We ask that our volunteers commit to seeing one case through to completion. Most cases take about 22-24 months to work through the system.
Location: 6111 N Central Ave., Tampa, FL 33604
TRIBE is a community-focused nonprofit that integrates unique learning experiences, family support, and strategic outreach with a focus on the wellness of children and families We achieve these goals by offering more than fifty fun
and educational activities per week, aligning as a community partner to Seminole and Broward Elementary Schools, and continuously running community outreach programs
- Acting as extra hands around TRIBE on a weekly basis (on a schedule you set)
- Teaching a one time workshop or special activity (or occasional, but not weekly)
- Helping with Community Closet (sorting, folding, and organizing donated children's clothing)
- Behind the scenes (administrative tasks you do mostly remotely)
- Sorting/Cleaning/Organizing donated Supplies
- Elementary School Support Projects
- Tutoring/Reading with Kids
- Art around the Center/Community (Mural Painting)
- Community Outreach / Special Events Crew
Reddick Elementary Rays of Sunshine
Location: 325 West Lake Drive, Wimauma, FL 33598
Reddick’s Rays of Sunshine are a group of volunteers working to help Reddick Elementary School’s students, teachers, and staff. Reddick Elementary School is one of the largest elementary schools in Hillsborough County with more than 900 children in Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 5. The school is a "Title I" school, meaning that the majority of the students (over 90%) come from poor families - a large percentage of the students have parents who don’t speak English well enough to help with homework
Volunteer Needs: Reddick’s Rays of Sunshine provide reading, math and science tutoring assistance, help with the library (media center) and assist with a variety of "back-office" activities such as making photocopies of documents for classroom use, collating handouts, etc. Other Rays help the school identify and submit requests for grants. There are other opportunities to help with a broader array of activities as they arise. School is open Monday 7:40 AM to 12:55 PM and Tuesday-Friday 7:40 AM to 1:55 PM
About Seniors in Service of Tampa Bay, Inc.
1306 West Sligh Ave., Tampa, FL 33604, US
Seniors in Service of Tampa Bay provides solutions to community challenges by engaging volunteers aged 55+
Programs Offered Through Seniors in Service:
Foster Grandparent Program (FGP)
- The Foster Grandparent Program recruits senior volunteers (55+) to go into schools and after-school programs to mentor at-risk and special needs children and provide them with one-on-one, individualized attention
Senior Companion Program (SCP)
- The Senior Companion Program recruits senior volunteers (55+) to go into the homes of homebound, elderly clients and provide them with companionship and assistance.
Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
- The RSVP Program recruits senior volunteers(55+) to participate more fully in the life of the community through volunteer service. The program matches the considerable wealth of knowledge, skills, and experience of this vital and rapidly growing age group with the addressing of critical needs and unresolved issues in our community.
Operation Veteran Connect
- Provides companionship to veterans, enabling them to live independently. Supports the VA in supporting providing Whole Health support to veterans.
Seniors in Service values diversity. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, ages, gender and/or those with disabilities are encouraged to engage with our organization.
Multiple locations Tampa, FL 33604
November 18, 2021
- General Education
- Math / Science Instruction
- Computer Science
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, based on need.
- Due to working with a vulnerable population, such as children; you will be required to complete a background check.