DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Hillsborough County Senior Companionship Volunteer Opportunities at Seniors in Service!
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Senior Companion Program
Location: Hillsborough County
Senior Companions provide ongoing companionship and support to seniors who may feel isolated or lonely They help seniors remain connected to their communities.
Location: Right from the comfort of your home! All you need is your telephone and time.
TelePals provide ongoing companionship and support through phone calls to seniors who may feel isolated or lonely They also provide encouragement to help seniors remain connected to their communities
Location: Telephone/Virtual Opportunity
Health Buddies help reduce preventable hospital readmissions for individuals living with chronic conditions through telephone interventions that empower them to self-manage their health Volunteers are trained to provide support to help clients live independently, with dignity.
Resource Empowerment Center (REC)
Location: Florida Ave Tampa
Help Community Members Access Essential Resources as a RESOURCE ADVOCATE!
Volunteer Need: Through virtual or in- person support Resource Advocates connect, transform and empower individuals by helping them successfully access essential community resources such as housing stability, food-security, financial stability, and companionship Advocates also follow up to ensure that the benefits are received Clients include people from all walks of life - seniors, veterans, disabled individuals, caregivers, young adults, families- many who are struggling for the first time to make ends meet
Location: Sun City Center. An Independent, Assisted Living and Memory Care Community
- The Veteran’s History Project: 3rd Friday of each month 10 am-3 pm. Typically, the Red Cross has a videographer. A Veteran answers questions (Library of Congress)
- Low Vision Support Group: 2nd Friday of each month 11 am - 12:30 pm.
- Parkinson’s Support Group: 3rd Monday of each month 1 pm - 3:30 pm.
- Sun Towers Memory Care Unit (MCU): Immediate need for exercise, entertainment, companionship, music. Collaborate with Activities Director
- Just Visit around your schedule
About Seniors in Service of Tampa Bay, Inc.
1306 West Sligh Ave., Tampa, FL 33604, US
Seniors in Service of Tampa Bay provides solutions to community challenges by engaging volunteers aged 55+
Programs Offered Through Seniors in Service:
Foster Grandparent Program (FGP)
- The Foster Grandparent Program recruits senior volunteers (55+) to go into schools and after-school programs to mentor at-risk and special needs children and provide them with one-on-one, individualized attention
Senior Companion Program (SCP)
- The Senior Companion Program recruits senior volunteers (55+) to go into the homes of homebound, elderly clients and provide them with companionship and assistance.
Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
- The RSVP Program recruits senior volunteers(55+) to participate more fully in the life of the community through volunteer service. The program matches the considerable wealth of knowledge, skills, and experience of this vital and rapidly growing age group with the addressing of critical needs and unresolved issues in our community.
Operation Veteran Connect
- Provides companionship to veterans, enabling them to live independently. Supports the VA in supporting providing Whole Health support to veterans.
Seniors in Service values diversity. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, ages, gender and/or those with disabilities are encouraged to engage with our organization.
Multiple locations Tampa, FL 33604
December 2, 2021
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training