Cinnamongirl is a volunteer-run leadership development organization empowering girls to be the visionaries our world needs. We have been serving girls for 18 years, and we are finally at a growth point tasked with the opportunity to triple our size with the right people on-board. We seek a dedicated program manager who can work about 15-20 hours per week and help us serve over 300 girls in a single year.
Our candidate thrives on helping high-achieving girls of color receive the key learning and experience to prepare for rigorous colleges and non-traditional career paths. You will join our small team and work directly with the Executive Director and the Director of Programs and Partnerships.
We seek a person who can quickly learn and understand the goal of each cohort, and perform the small details that will help the organization stand out, grow and thrive. In this role, you will find creativity, autonomy, mutual respect, and equity among all of the team members and volunteers. Most importantly, you will experience an amazing sense of fulfillment seeing our girls thrive and the organization grow.
We need help in the following aspects:
- Organize our six cohorts of girls and communicate with parents, constituents and volunteers
- Help organize and strategize recruitment and support the onboarding of new families to our various cohorts
- Ensure website is current with fresh information
- Monitor small projects to ensure our goals are met and larger projects are moving forward in a timely way
- Meet with stakeholders to discuss program status and goals
- Working with the marketing team to insure website, newsletter and social media is accurate
- One form of communication is via text message, so having a smart phone is important
- Working with various platforms (Volunteer Match, Catchafire, Adobe, Network for Good, to get projects completed
PO Box 27411, Oakland, CA 94602, US
Cinnamongirl, Inc. is a leadership development organization that creates lifelong bonds between professionals and girls through programs that provide access, experiences, and a global mindset. We empower girls to be the visionaries our world needs.
Cinnamongirl is in her 18th year of teaching girls of color leadership development. We inspire girls to set and achieve rigorous goals; provide guidance and support as to what’s needed to prepare for college and graduate school; and expose girls to a global mindset through international travel.
We target the girl who hasn't seen the possibilities for her life just yet, and doesn't quite understand her power, voice or leadership capabilities. We surround her with other ambitious youth, hands-on mentors and high-performing female leaders, encouraging her to step out of her comfort zone knowing she has the tools to take charge of her life to become a successful leader.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 18, 2021
- Office Management
- Community Outreach
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- We ask that you be able to commit 15-20 hours per week. You may work any time during the 5-day work week, but we ask that you make time for meetings which are generally between 11am-2pm.
- This is a virtual position that may require you to make phone calls, proof emails, create surveys, and MS forms and worksheets. You will also correspond with educators, parents, and students. A LiveScan background check will be necessary.