Disaster Workforce Engagement (DWE) Team Member: We are looking for you!
Do you want to help people out of the disaster? American Red Cross Disaster Workforce Engagement Team is the place you belong to! We need volunteers to perform Disaster Engagement readiness activities and support the regional disaster workforce.
Responsibilities: This position is responsible for tasks assigned by the specific Disaster Workforce Engagement Team program lead:
- Support the annual workforce engagement goals, RDO objectives, and regional/chapter plan for volunteer engagement through participation in meetings and projects.
- Projects and participation will be assigned according to the area of interest: onboarding/placement, deployment, training, recognition, and appreciation, leadership development, Volunteer Connection/profile management, and/or engagement.
- Projects may include but are not limited to conducting volunteer interviews, updating profiles in Volunteer Connection, recognition, analyzing reports/data, scheduling volunteers, etc.
Time Commitment: Be prepared to spend anywhere from 4 to 8 hours weekly-must have good computer/phone etiquette skills. Flexible shifts available during the training period. Must have weekday/daytime availability and be able to commit to the role for a minimum of 6 months-no exceptions!
- Ability to: follow and implement requests received from the supervisor with little or no supervision.
- Adapt to change, negotiate compromise and tolerate ambiguity. build effective relationships with others who can help with work-related goals.
- Be sensitive in human interactions to diversity inclusiveness.
18+ and MUST have weekday/daytime availability and be able to commit to the role for a minimum of 6 months-no exceptions!
- Disaster Cycle Services: An Overview
- Volunteer Connection Training Courses
Express interest below! And be sure to ask about American Red Cross's other volunteer opportunities.
If you have any question(s), please email us: email@example.com or call/text us at (646) 875-8051
About American Red Cross - Greater New York Region
520 West 49th Street, New York, NY 10019, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations New York, NY 10003
November 17, 2021
- Disaster Cleanup
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Disaster Relief Call Center
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Search & Rescue
- Disaster Response
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Time Commitment: Be prepared to spend anywhere from 4 to 8 hours weekly-must have good computer/phone etiquette skills. Flexible shifts available during the training period. Must have weekday/daytime availability and be able to commit to the role for
- 18+ and MUST have weekday/daytime availability and be able to commit to the role for a minimum of 6 months-no exceptions! Volunteers applying for in-person position assignments must be fully vaccinated (2 doses).