Become a VETERAN-TO-VETERAN Hospice Volunteer in Crestwood area
BECOME A VETERAN-TO-VETERAN VOLUNTEER FOR HOSPICE PATIENTS
It could be the most rewarding, life-changing experience of your life!
- Be a friend to a veteran in need
- Share stories and listen as they reminisce
- Read books, play music, or write letters
- Play chess, cards, or board games
- Bring warmth and companionship to help brighten their day
- Be a compassionate, caring presence
- Relieve anxiety, stress, and depression
1 HOUR A WEEK - 1 LIFE TOUCHED
Join our team! We can't wait to meet you!
We serve 7 surrounding counties: Cook, DuPage, Kane, Kendall, Will, Grundy, Kankakee
(work near your home)
Call Today! You CAN make a difference!
Barbara Klermund - Volunteer Coordinator
Also seeking administrative, massage therapy, music therapy, and pet therapy volunteers
About Compassionate Care Hospice
200 N Hammes Avenue, Ste. 3, Joliet, IL 60435, US
At Compassionate Care Hospice, we provide a patient-centered approach to care and support for people at the end of life and their families. It is care focused on maintaining dignity, increasing quality of life, and providing comfort.
We know that each life is precious and tells an incredible story, and it is our mission to honor our patients’ lives and allow them to live each day to its fullest. Whether we’re delivering care at a patient’s bedside, supporting our clinical team or educating the community on the hospice benefit, this isn’t just a job - it’s our higher calling.
Through our team of physicians, nurses, aids, social workers, chaplains, volunteers, and other health professionals, we provide regular visits for pain management, symptom control, education, emotional and spiritual support, companionship, personal care, medical equipment, medications, and bereavement support. It's truly about meeting our patients where they are with care that is right for them.
Multiple locations Crestwood, IL 60418
December 6, 2021
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- People Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour a week - 1 life touched (we are flexible and will work with your schedule - work as many or as few hours as you would like)
- Compassionate, Caring, Reliable