DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
Events Coordinator & Social Media Lead - Volunteer
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
The ASCENDtials Events Coordinator & Social Media Lead - Volunteer will be responsible for or assist with, the administration, coordination, and evaluation of events and activities involving our programming, including all workshops, healing sessions, camps, book club, yoga, and boat tours of large and small scale. Provide concierge-level service to alumni staff, attendees, donors, members, and partners, proactively anticipating needs and wishes, interacting directly with donors, and problem-solving on the spot to a myriad of confidential, personal donor and event-related issues. Anticipate issues and make constant adjustments, with high stakes consequences. Assist in planning, organizing, and implementing events and functions, which may include symposiums, conferences, program events, banquets, and VIP briefings. May independently manage small, non-complex events. Develop and implement outreach and promotional campaigns and programming to boost brand engagement and increase revenue using social media marketing tools such as Buffer.
Responsibilities will also include, but are not limited to:
- Assistance and support with: managing event RSVPs and data; creation and management of event budgets; financial payment tracking; event logistics; and event follow-up and attendee tracking.
- Responsible for project support in a wide range of areas including resource administration, strategic planning, constituent engagement and general administration management issues.
- Extract and organize reports from ESP/CRM database including demographic reports for targeted regional events, mailing lists, giving information, etc. Update records with address changes, program participation, special interest, etc. Ensure information is entered into the ESP/CRM donor database.
- Fiscal support requires gathering fiscal data, assisting in preparing budgets, and monitoring budgets for discrepancies. Create and maintain department contracts, purchase orders, reimbursements, travel and other expense records as assigned.
- Assist with the design and execution of social media campaigns
- Create weekly and monthly editorial calendars to promote company brands on various social media websites
- Create and distribute content such as blogs, infographics, videos, and press releases on social media and traditional news outlets
- Track social media engagement to identify high-performing ideas and campaigns for scalability
- Support marketing team at live and online events
This position offers a hybrid work arrangement, which includes a combination of onsite and remote work.
- This position is required to be present at special events, usually scheduled after hours. Overtime may be required.
- Time commitment of 12-15 hours per week
- Bachelors' degree in a related area or an equivalent combination of experience and/or training.
- Working knowledge of concepts, principles, and practices of event planning and production and public relations. Experience independently conceptualizing, planning, managing and implementing the logistics of high-level events. Experience planning events that are appealing to a sophisticated audience, with an engagement/development purpose.
- Experience soliciting, analyzing, and awarding vendor bids. Experience analyzing quality, cost, variety, and creativity of vendor proposals while evaluating the vendors' ability to deliver a donor-centric service/product.
- Proven experience directing vendors re: catering, transportation, lighting, entertainment, venues, music, and special events vendors. Experience communicating needs, monitoring the delivery of goods and services, negotiating prices, and reconciling invoices.
- Experience drafting budgets, projecting costs, and analyzing alternatives based on cost-effectiveness. Experience monitoring expenditures for each event; paying invoices and keeping appropriate documentation of costs.
- Proven talent to create aesthetically pleasing materials and to select original, unique physical surroundings for events, including space planning. Experience working with graphic designers.
- Experience providing work direction/supervision to employees and volunteers using tact, diplomacy, and establishing clear work responsibilities and deadlines.
- Solid computer skills. Experience using the internet to seek out information about vendors and donors. Experience with Word, email, and graphics programs, and experience using databases to seek out information. Experience entering information into a database. Strong working experience organizing event and budget information using spreadsheets.
- Good judgment and effective decision-making and problem resolution skills, including the skill to recognize and deal effectively and appropriately with real and potential problem areas. Skill to determine the issues and problems that need to be brought to the attention of higher-level staff and/or management.
- Excellent organizational abilities appropriate to effective calendar management and student and/or volunteer scheduling. Skill to effectively coordinate and organize multiple details. Ability to work professionally under pressure and under tight deadlines ensuring excellent customer service support.
- Good interpersonal communication skills and political acumen, including skill in effectively representing our organization to the public. Experience interacting with high-level decision-makers, donors, corporate executives, community leaders, and their spouses in professional and social/event settings.
- Demonstrated competency and commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Ability to work in diverse groups.
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Buffer and other social media best practices.
- Job offer is contingent on a clear Background Check.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Some lifting involved. Must be willing and able to travel and transport events supplies from car to event site using a cart or other means, and transport event supplies between locations using a cart or other means.
505 W Broadway, San Diego, CA 92101, US
Ascendtials is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization that focuses on empowering BIPOC communities throughout Southern California. Established in 2014, Ascendtials seeks to impact communities through programs that encourage participants to act as signifiers of change in education and work settings that are not inclusive towards BIPOC people.
Ascendtials assists those in the BIPOC community in dismantling institutionalized Isms within the U.S. workforce by offering workshops that empower them. Our non-profit organization focuses on building cosmic consciousness through our experiential learning programs, healing sessions, and workshops, so that they can successfully advocate for humanity and the environment.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 1, 2022
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Administrative Support
- Group Facilitation
- Event Planning / Management
- Social Media / Blogging
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 23
- 8-10 hours weekly
- Must have access to reliable transportation. Some lifting involved. Must be willing and able to travel and transport events supplies from car to event site using a cart or other means, and transport event supplies between locations