Red Cross: Lead our Youth Engagement
The Youth Engagement Lead serves as a peer and confidante working corroboratively with the regional Volunteer Services team, specifically the Engagement Specialist, to support National Youth Strategy goals and objectives to educate and engage youth in all aspects of the Red Cross missionKey Responsibilities
- Develop and execute an implementation work plan outlining objectives, strategies, and tactics supporting the 5 pillars of the National Youth Strategy (Learning, Blood Donors, Fundraising, International Humanitarian Law and Social Engagement) and regional youth engagement priorities.
- Identify and assess opportunities for youth engagement in the 5 pillars of youth engagement
- Collaborate with Engagement Specialist to create realistic targets, focused on delivering results in the 5 pillars of youth engagement
- Empower youth volunteerism and leadership by building connections between youth and the Red Cross mission
- Work closely with Engagement Specialist to integrate youth into Red Cross programs and activities
- Develop/build a team of skilled volunteers, including Red Cross Club Coordinators; build rapport with youth engagement team and youth volunteers to better support their growth and development
- Experience working with and leading youth and young adults
About American Red Cross - Utah & Nevada Region
6616 South 900 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84121, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Reno, NV 89502
November 17, 2021
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- Child Development
- Disaster Response
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 8-10 hours per week, working remotely and on-site. Available during weekends and/or evenings to best accommodate youth and young adult volunteer schedules.