45 people are interested
Recovery Team Members needed to help Others after a Disaster! Make a lifesaving difference!
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Greater New York Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
45 people are interested
MUST LIVE IN NEW YORK CITY FOR THIS ROLE!!
Want to help the community virtually? Sure thing! Join us to support the disaster recovery of individuals, families, and communities through the activities of Casework and Recovery Planning, Recovery Systems, and Community Recovery.
Responsibilities-include but are not limited to:
1. Conduct client interviews: both initial interview and follow-up conversations, according to standards
2. Assess qualifications for direct client assistance
3. Use the Client Assistance System 2.0 to document the assistance and services provided in the client
record according to standards
4. Assist with recovery planning, problem-solving and advocacy on request according to standards
5. Provide clients with information and referrals to community partners
6. Learn about the Recovery activities and develop knowledge, skills, expertise in Casework and Recovery
Planning, Systems and/or Community Recovery
Has the option to work remotely after completing required training in person at our Hawthorne, NY office in Westchester County
- Casework onboarding/training program is a four-month program: -First Month (online training classes approx. 12-15 hrs) -Second-Fourth Month is 1 shift/week in the office Mon-Fri from 9am-2pm for further training and mentorship
- Must make a minimum commitment of one year for this role
- After first four months and volunteer is full caseworker requirement is a minimum of 1-2 shifts/month (5 hr shifts)
1. Must be comfortable with basic technology- we utilize Microsoft Teams extensively and can teach them how to use it, but they will need to have basic technology skills and the confidence to learn how we use it.
4. Demonstrate the ability to work well in stressful situations and in a team-oriented setting. Has the ability to use CAS 2.0.
5. Customer Focus Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of clients, internal and external customers; acts with clients in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with clients and gains their trust and respect.
6. Manages Diversity Treats people equitably; works effectively with diverse populations. Is able to: Sit for 2 hour periods.
Length of Appointment:
Minimum of 1 year, renewable. Once trained can remain active as long as training is updated as required by chapter
Must be 18+
If you have any question(s), please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (646)875-8051
09:00 AM to 02:00 PM
minimum of one to two shifts/month after first month of training is complete (Mon-Fri only)
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About American Red Cross - Greater New York Region
520 West 49th Street, New York, NY 10019, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
American Red Cross of Greater New York520 W. 49th streetNEW YORK, NY 10019
January 4, 2023
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Disaster Relief Call Center
- Case Work / Management
- Disaster Response
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 9A-2P (Mon-Fri) at least 1-2 shifts/month