DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
Volunteer as Recovery Team Member to help Others Virtually!
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
Want to help the community virtually? Sure thing! Join us to support the disaster recovery of individuals, families, and communities through the activities of Casework and Recovery Planning, Recovery Systems, and Community Recovery.
Responsibilities: include but are not limited to:
1. Conduct client interviews: both initial interview and follow-up conversations, according to standards
2. Assess qualifications for direct client assistance
3. Use the Client Assistance System 2.0 to document the assistance and services provided in the client
record according to standards
4. Assist with recovery planning, problem-solving and advocacy on request according to standards
5. Provide clients with information and referrals to community partners
6. Learn about the Recovery activities and develop knowledge, skills, expertise in Casework and Recovery
Planning, Systems and/or Community Recovery
Has the option to work remotely after completing required training
- We will be bringing on new volunteers in a slightly different manner than we used to: they will start by taking at least one Virtual Intake shift per week.
- Shifts are from 8:30am-1:30pm Monday-Friday, and consist of primarily answering calls from clients and taking down basic information to pass on to our caseworkers.
- They will also be maintaining a spreadsheet tracking all open calls from clients. In addition to this, they will be scheduling a weekly 1hr meeting with their direct supervisor (one of the caseworkers) who will start training them on casework procedures via video call on Microsoft teams.
- As they progress through the training they will start shifting from supporting virtual intake to following up with and seeing clients (virtually) on their own.
1. Volunteers must be comfortable using their home phone (can be mobile or landline) and computer to work with clients. NOTE: we utilize Google Voice so their personal numbers will NOT be visible to any clients.
2. Volunteers must be comfortable working in a remote environment and speaking to individuals (team members and clients) primarily via phone
3. Must be comfortable with basic technology- we utilize Microsoft Teams extensively and can teach them how to use it, but they will need to have basic technology skills and the confidence to learn how we use it.
4. Demonstrate the ability to work well in stressful situations and in a team-oriented setting. Has the ability to use CAS 2.0.
5. Customer Focus Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of clients, internal and external customers; acts with clients in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with clients and gains their trust and respect.
6. Manages Diversity Treats people equitably; works effectively with diverse populations. Is able to: Sit for 2 hour periods.
Length of Apptmt:
Minimum of 6 months to 1 year, renewable. Once trained can remain active as long as training is updated as required by chapter
Remote Support Volunteer (16+ years old)
Express interest below! And be sure to ask about American Red Cross's other volunteer opportunities.
If you have any question(s), please email us: email@example.com or call/text us at (646)875-8051.
- morning / 08:00 AM to 11:45 AM
- afternoon / 12:00 PM to 01:30 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About American Red Cross - Greater New York Region
520 West 49th Street, New York, NY 10019, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 17, 2021
- Disaster Cleanup
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Disaster Relief Call Center
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Search & Rescue
- Disaster Response
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Shifts are from 8:30am-1:30pm Monday-Friday with a weekly 1hr meeting with their direct supervisor
- Remote Support Volunteer (16+ years old)