Community Educator- Benton/Franklin County
ORGANIZATION: Alzheimer's Association Washington State Chapter
Please visit the new page to apply.
Alzheimer's Association Community Educators are volunteer public speakers who provide Alzheimer's Association education programs to community audiences.KEY ACTIVITIES:
- Deliver approximately 12 presentations annually using prepared Alzheimer’s Association consumer education programs on a variety of care and support topics.
- Collaborate with local Association staff to expand programs by securing community partners, scheduling presentations, delivering the programs, and managing needed materials.
- Serve as presenter for chapter-scheduled education programs and conferences.
- Connect people with additional Association services and volunteer opportunities by proactively making referrals to Alzheimer's Association programs & free 24/7 Helpline.
- Demonstrated success with health education using excellent communication, presentation and adult education skills.
- Comfort with computers and familiarity with email and PPT presentations.
- Ability to network, and collaborate with staff, volunteers, and community partners.
- Passionate about the Alzheimer’s Association mission with personal or professional experience with dementia preferred.
- Must be age 21 to apply. Background checks are required.
- Community Educators commit to delivering a target of 12 presentations annually, about 1.5hrs per presentation.
- All program volunteers participate in initial training and ongoing education and must comply with Alzheimer’s Association volunteer policies and procedures.
- Terms are renewable upon successful completion of annual goal-setting conversation with your staff partner.
- Perfect your public speaking ability and technique while serving your local community.
- Increase your knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
- Be recognized as a leader and resource for Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- Join a network of other volunteers, staff and community leaders to help create a world without Alzheimer’s and all other dementia.
About Alzheimer's Association Washington State Chapter
19031 33rd ave W, Suite 301, Lynnwood, WA 98036, US
The Alzheimer's Association leads the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia -- by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
Serving 47 counties in Washington and North Idaho, the Alzheimer’s Association Washington State Chapter is the premier resource in the Pacific Northwest for people impacted by Alzheimer's disease and all other dementia. Through five local offices and a network of dedicated volunteers, our Chapter offers a broad range of care and support services, education and advocacy, as well as funding for Alzheimer’s and dementia research.
Multiple locations Richland, WA 99354
November 7, 2022
- Adult Education
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- About an hour and half for each education program. We ask that volunteers deliver at least 12 programs a year.
- Good public speaking skills, interest in Alzheimer's and dementia, some tech skills needed (zoom, power point)