6 people are interested
Writing coach for young woman in Ghana
6 people are interested
Our mission is to empower youth to be change-makers in their communities.
For this opportunity, we want someone to help on of our students to develop her talent in writing and become a voice for other young people This could be done through writing prompts and constructive feedback.
As young people develop their voice and communication skills, they help to reach others and to change lives. They also have greater opportunities for personal and career success.
The student, who is 20 years old and not academically strong, would do writing prompts and receive constructive feedback.
The volunteer will have direction from the director, who lives in the USA. The student is in Ghana and is excited about developing her talents.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Pagus Center for Achievement
215 Laurel Lane, Haverford, PA 19041, US
We empower youth in Ghana to be change-makers in their communities .
Since 2005 we have strengthened disadvantaged, rural communities in Ghana, W. Africa, through targeted projects in education, health and poverty reduction. Our commitment to youth and their communities creates strong partnerships for grassroots, sustainable change. We facilitate access to education, technology and leadership training, as well as experiences that promote use of creative and critical thinking skills and engender a desire for life-long learning.
KeyAccomplishments to date:
- Opened Center for Achievement in Ho offering lending library and computer resources and training (2014)
- Created a sponsorship program that has sent over 120 students to school
- Created safe housing for vulnerable youth
- Opened Pagus Learning Center in Kpando (2013)
- Built an eight-classroom school with offices, library, and bathrooms
- Provided clean and sustainable water sources in two communities
- Created volunteer programs for cultural exchanges
- Sent school and medical supplies and equipment
- Sent a school van and a second vehicle for farm work
We are a 501 (c) 3 Non profit organization
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 17, 2021
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Estimated time per week is 1 hour.
- We are seeking someone who has experience in creative writing and coaching or teaching communication skills.