2 people are interested
DRIVER AND LOGISTIC SUPPORT (Afghan Refugee Project)
2 people are interested
This volunteer position will provide logistic support for the Afghan Refugees Project at CCIS. Specifically, you will assist with donation coordination. You will also work closely with other staff and volunteers and be responsible for ensuring proper procedures are followed according to the CCIS policies. Specific assigned tasks may include
- Collecting, sorting, loading, and unloading donations on an assigned day of the week.
- Driving around Calgary to collect items and drop off donations.
- Additional tasks may be assigned as needed.
- Take donations from main office and deliver to our storage facilities
Time Commitment and Location
You will start off at our main office 1111-11Avenue SW and can be directed to specific sites for that day. Time commitment varies. Our preference would be a three-month commitment one day per week.
- A valid Alberta driver’s license and a clear driver’s abstract
- A vehicle and ability to drive around; gas and fees will not be reimbursed
- Able to lift-up to 20 pounds
- Interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity
- Able to work in Canada and police security clearance
- Understanding and compliance with CCIS policies
- Attendance at general training and program specific trainings
Benefits to Volunteer
Meeting new people
Helping a great cause in the community
References available at end of commitment
Contact Information and Direct Supervisor
Sandra Bray, Volunteer Coordinator, Afghan Settlement Project
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Calgary Catholic Immigration Society
1111 11 Ave SW, Calgary, Calgary, AB T2R 0G5, CA
In partnership, we empower immigrants and refugees to successfully resettle and integrate.
CCIS (Calgary Catholic Immigration Society) is a non-profit organization which provides settlement and integration services to all immigrants and refugees in Southern Alberta.
Since our inception in 1981, we have been a community leader with solid experience in the design and delivery of comprehensive services for our newest neighbours. We deliver these services through a dynamic multi-cultural, multi-denominational and multi-disciplinary team of professionals, who collectively speak over 60 languages.
5th Floor, 1111 - 11 Avenue SWCalgary, Canada
November 17, 2021
- Driver's License Needed
- You will start off at our main office 1111-11Avenue SW and can be directed to specific sites for that day. Time commitment varies. Our preference would be a three-month commitment one day per week.