105 people are interested
Purpose of Job: To provide a welcome, hospitable environment and rewarding learning experience to museum visitors through guided tours.DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Conducting museum tours of approximately 30 minutes in length. Be comfortable speaking to small and large groups of people of all ages.
- May be called upon to conduct occasional tours of museum and facilities for VIP's, special visiting groups, etc.
- Greet and welcome tour groups at the beginning of each tour and provide a friendly presence throughout.
- Act as museum security and collections preserver while conducting tours of the museum. Reinforce museum rules to visitors. Report any changes in the museum environment to museum staff.
- Deal skillfully with a diversity of visitors under a variety of circumstances.
- On occasion, assist with special events and programs.
- Inform the supervisor immediately when it becomes apparent that you cannot meet your work responsibilities, i.e. illness.
- Adhere to museum procedures and policies as well as "Isaiah Davenport House Expectations." Of special note is the museum's dress code.
- Assist the Shop Clerk in opening and closing the house.
About Davenport House Museum/HSF
324 E. State Street, Savannah, GA 31401, US
The mission of the Isaiah Davenport House Museum is to preserve and interpret the American Federal-style house, and the artifacts within, built by master builder Isaiah Davenport for his household with an emphasis on the years 1820-27, in order to educate, enrich and inspire our visitors and the community, as well as recognize the historical role of the house in the founding of Historic Savannah Foundation.
Historic House Museum needs volunteer tour guides and shop assistants.
We'll work with your schedule.
324 E. State StreetSavannah, GA 31401
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16