It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
324 E. State StreetSavannah, GA 31401
The DH has an active docent program. Training is offered and docents presented the house to guests from all over the world.
Purpose of Job: To provide a welcome, hospitable environment and rewarding learning experience to museum visitors through guided tours.DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Conducting museum tours of approximately 30 minutes in length. Be comfortable speaking to small and large groups of people of all ages.
- May be called upon to conduct occasional tours of museum and facilities for VIP's, special visiting groups, etc.
- Greet and welcome tour groups at the beginning of each tour and provide a friendly presence throughout.
- Act as museum security and collections preserver while conducting tours of the museum. Reinforce museum rules to visitors. Report any changes in the museum environment to museum staff.
- Deal skillfully with a diversity of visitors under a variety of circumstances.
- On occasion, assist with special events and programs.
- Inform the supervisor immediately when it becomes apparent that you cannot meet your work responsibilities, i.e. illness.
- Adhere to museum procedures and policies as well as "Isaiah Davenport House Expectations." Of special note is the museum's dress code.
- Assist the Shop Clerk in opening and closing the house.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
Report this opportunity