Purpose of Job: To provide a welcome, hospitable environment and rewarding learning experience to museum visitors through guided tours.DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Conducting museum tours of approximately 30 minutes in length. Be comfortable speaking to small and large groups of people of all ages.
- May be called upon to conduct occasional tours of museum and facilities for VIP's, special visiting groups, etc.
- Greet and welcome tour groups at the beginning of each tour and provide a friendly presence throughout.
- Act as museum security and collections preserver while conducting tours of the museum. Reinforce museum rules to visitors. Report any changes in the museum environment to museum staff.
- Deal skillfully with a diversity of visitors under a variety of circumstances.
- On occasion, assist with special events and programs.
- Inform the supervisor immediately when it becomes apparent that you cannot meet your work responsibilities, i.e. illness.
- Adhere to museum procedures and policies as well as "Isaiah Davenport House Expectations." Of special note is the museum's dress code.
- Assist the Shop Clerk in opening and closing the house.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16