5 people are interested
Call for Weekly Volunteers with Girls Empowerment Network: Houston - Spring 2022!
5 people are interested
Girl Connect is Girls Empowerment Network’s weekly recurring school-based program. Each semester, Girls Empowerment Network staff, interns, and volunteers work with girls to increase their self-efficacy, resiliency, and positive connection to peers and role models. With support from the Girls Empowerment Network program staff, interns, volunteers, and peers, Girl Connect equips girls in grades 3-12 with the skills they need to navigate girlhood.
As a Girl Connect volunteer, you will attend weekly sessions at a local school and act as a co-facilitator alongside the Girls Empowerment Network program lead, all while forming encouraging and caring relationships with the girls in the program. Volunteers lead ice breakers, activities, facilitate discussions, and provide assistance to the Girls Empowerment Network program lead on-site.
As a direct service volunteer, you can choose to volunteer with Girl Connect in either of the following ways:
- Co-facilitate a weekly school group that takes place during the school day between 8AM-3PM and lasts for 1½ hours.
- Co-facilitate a weekly afterschool group that takes place between the hours of 3PM-5:45PM and lasts for 2 hours.
Important notes about this volunteer opportunity:
- this volunteer opportunity is only available to individuals who have been fully vaccinated. In addition, volunteers will be required to wear a mask while serving as a Girl Connect volunteer.
- Girl Connect volunteers are required to attend a virtual Direct Service Volunteer Training. Our next scheduled training will take place Saturday, January 29 from 10AM-4PM.
- volunteers are assigned to a specific school and will be required to commit to the same time and day every week for the entirety of the semester.
- Girls Empowerment Network prefers that volunteers make a two-semester minimum commitment. Consistency is key for the girls we serve and we want to ensure that volunteers are able to commit to our programs and the girls they work with.
- we anticipate that Spring semester programming will begin in late January/early-mid February.
I understand that this volunteer opportunity is only available to individuals who have been fully vaccinated. Additionally, I agree to wear a mask throughout this volunteer opportunity with Empowerment Network.
If you are interested in joining the Girls Empowerment Network team as a direct service volunteer, we ask that you attend a day-long volunteer training session. Our next Volunteer Training will be held on Saturday, January 29 from 10:00AM-4:00PM.
If you are interested/available to volunteer in-person each week with our Girl Connect program, please fill out this form at your earliest convenience.
Questions about this volunteer opportunity? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Girls Empowerment Network
P.O. Box 3122, 2801 South IH-35, Suite 100, Austin, TX 78741, US
Girls Empowerment Network's mission is to ignite the power in girls by teaching them the skills to thrive and believe in their ability to be unstoppable.
Girls Empowerment Network (GIRLS) increases girls' self-efficacy by: 1. Equipping them with the skills they need to navigate the dangers and pressures of adolescence. 2. Forging healthy, supportive bonds so they know they are never alone. 3. Surrounding them with relatable role models who encourage, inspire, and guide. GIRLS has numerous programs that serve girls in Central Texas, Houston, and Dallas in grades 3-12, including after-school programming, workshops, and an annual statewide, multi-city We Are Girls Conference.
4660 Beechnut StreetSuite 102Houston, TX 77096
November 16, 2021
- Youth Services
- Child Development
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1.5-2 hours per week
- Must be 18+ and have a reliable transportation