Anthem Satellite Program Volunteer
Position Title: Satellite Program Volunteer
Staff Report: Satellite Program Manager, Anthem Satellite Coordinator
Service Location: Anthem (Specific location given with offer)
Day(s) of the Week Needed and Time(s): Wednesdays 4:45-6:30 PM (Program is from 5-6:30 PM)
Expected Start Date: October 2021
Vision and Mission: one * n * ten envisions a world where all LGBTQ youth and young adults are embraced for who they are, actively engaged in their communities, and empowered to lead. Our mission is to serve LGBTQ youth and young adults ages 11-24. We enhance their lives by providing empowering social and service programs that promote self‐expression, self‐acceptance, leadership development, and healthy life choices.
Opportunity Description (Role or project overview and purpose, and how it relates to the organization's mission and other projects):
Satellite programs offer safe spaces, community building, and innovative programming for LGBTQ+ & allied youth. Satellite program volunteers support staff and program attendees at one·n·ten by being a positive role model and helping with the facilitation of programming. Satellite program volunteers will assist with set up and preparation, youth engagement during programming, and cleanup following the program. Satellite program volunteers must commit to one shift a week or 4 hours a month for one year.
- When scheduled, support programs by acting as a responsible adult presence and as a program facilitator/assistant
- Supervise young folx in the space (Youth Center or Satellite Location).
- Chaperone field trips when available
- Enforce the 'Safe Space Guidelines,’ bring major behavior issues to the attention of the staff
- Help to ensure that the center or satellite space are kept safe and tidy
- Report volunteer schedule changes to the Volunteer Coordinator
- Bring any concerns about youth to the attention of staff
- All volunteers working with youth are mandated reporters. Any suspected cases of child abuse and/or neglect must be reported to one·n·ten staff to follow up with Department of Child Safety (DCS) and be able to do their own report
- Ability to attend and complete trainings related to your role
Skills, Experience and Attributes of Ideal Candidate:
- Complete a criminal background check form to be submitted and paid for by one·n·ten
- Be at least 25 years of age
- Possess a commitment to be a responsible, compassionate, accountable, and respectful mentor to LGBTQ+ youth, ages 11-24
- Commit to interfacing with young folx in an age appropriate manner, consistent with the one·n·ten’s mission and core values
- Values the diversity of backgrounds and experiences of program attendees, staff members, other volunteers, and community members
Key Skills or Experience Gained from Position:
- Facilitation skills. Plan and lead programs after submitting a Request to Facilitate and receiving approval from the Youth Center Program Manager
- Conflict resolution skills
- Setting appropriate boundaries
- Experience working with at-risk populations
- Time management and event pacing skills
MUST ATTEND THE VOLUNTEER INFORMATION SESSION ON DECEMBER 1ST, 2021 AT 6 PM VIA ZOOM AND FILL OUT AN APPLICATION TO BE CONSIDERED. Please go to https://bit.ly/Dec2021VolInfoSession to register.
04:45 PM to 06:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About 1N10 INC
1101 N CENTRAL AVE STE 202, PHOENIX, AZ 85004, US
Our mission is to serve LGBTQ youth and young adults ages 11-24. We enhance their lives by providing empowering social and service programs that promote self‐expression, self‐acceptance, leadership development, and healthy life choices.
one * n * ten is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization dedicated to serving and assisting lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning (LGBTQ) youth. We provide youth with tools to improve self-esteem and self-acceptance.
Location given with offer (Anthem)Anthem, AZ 85086
November 16, 2021
- Youth Services
- Crisis Intervention
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- Every Wednesday from 4:45-6:30 PM. One-year commitment.
- Must be fully vaccinated and take a background check. MUST ATTEND The VOLUNTEER INFORMATION SESSION ON DECEMBER 1ST, 2021 AT 6 PM VIA ZOOM AND FILL OUT AN APPLICATION TO BE CONSIDERED. Please go to https://bit.ly/Dec2021VolInfoSession to register.