1 person is interested
Help is a Phone Call Away - Reach Out with Reminders for Senior Grocery Boxes!
1 person is interested
Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) is a program through the U.S. Department of Agriculture and provides a monthly food box of highly nutritious foods to age and income eligible seniors.
CSFP is seeking a volunteer to make reminder calls to seniors who need to pick up their monthly boxes. Reminder calls help ensure that those who are at risk of hunger have every opportunity to get their supplemental food box each month. Calls are made within the last 1 ½- 2 weeks of the month. This position is phone intensive and requires a high level of customer service.
Volunteer wo rk will safely take place in our Maplewood or Brooklyn Park office s through interacting with clients over the phone. This is a very rewarding and personable way to help those at risk of hunger!
To apply: Visit the opportunity on our portal, www.volunteer.2harvest.org and click on Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities to see all available roles.
- Follow contact list and call clients to remind them to pick up their food box; leave messages as needed
- Answer any other client questions and transfer calls to Second Harvest Heartland staff when necessary
- Perform additional phone call projects, if desired *Optional*
- Learn and use computer client database for additional clerical projects, if desired *Optional*
- Customer service background or skills
- Comfortable assisting people of diverse economic, social, and ethnic backgrounds
- Highly respectful of client confidentiality
- Comfortable on the telephone and computer client software
- Reliability, punctuality and accountability
- Ability to work independently
- Background check: Volunteers in this position work closely with vulnerable populations and are exposed to sensitive client information. Second Harvest Heartland will be conducting criminal background checks for all volunteers in this position, both existing and new. Second Harvest Heartland reserves the right to refuse to work with a volunteer, or dismiss a current volunteer, based on the results of the background check.
TIME REQUIREMENTS AND SCHEDULE:
Total time requirement: 1-2 shifts per month during the last 2 weeks of each month; each shift is 3 hours. Minimum 6-month commitment.
- Days of the week: Monday through Friday opportunities available
- Time of the day: Typically, 9:00am-12:00pm or 1:00-4:00pm, but schedule is flexible
- Work site: On-Site at Maplewood or Brooklyn Park Facility
Questions? Reach out to Beth Ashton, email@example.com.
About Second Harvest Heartland
7101 Winnetka Ave No., Brooklyn Park, MN 55428, US
The mission of Second Harvest Heartland is to end hunger through community partnerships. At Second Harvest Heartland, our volunteer partners do more than enrich our work, they ground us to our mission of ending hunger together. We integrate volunteers into all aspects of creating and delivering solutions that will free our neighbors of hunger.
More than a food bank, Second Harvest Heartland is a leading partner in the policies and programs that work to end hunger, like SNAP, school meals and senior nutrition programs, and we’re an innovator in the areas where food can be the solution, like FOODRx and Minnesota Central Kitchen.
Second Harvest Heartland is a member of Feeding America, a national network of more than 200 food banks serving every state in the United States. Membership means access to millions of pounds of surplus food and grocery donations from manufacturers and producers throughout the country.
Working with our network of partners, volunteers and donors as well as people like you, our 90,000+ square feet of dry, refrigerator and freezer space is constantly accepting and distributing donations. Our fleet of trucks travels nearly half a million miles a year, picking up food donations and delivering them to local food shelves, soup kitchens, homeless shelters, senior community centers and children's after school programs. Each year we distributed more than 100 million meals to our partners in hunger-relief. Learn more at 2harvest.org.
Click here to visit our volunteer portal www.volunteer.2harvest.org and view all available opportunities.
Multiple locations Minneapolis, MN 55428
November 16, 2021
- Elder care
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Basic Computer Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Total time requirement: 1-2 shifts per month during the last 2 weeks of each month; each shift is 3 hours. Minimum 6-month commitment. Days of the week: Monday through Friday opportunities available Time of the day: Typically, 9:00am-12:00pm or 1:0
- Background check: Volunteers in this position work closely with vulnerable populations and are exposed to sensitive client information. Second Harvest Heartland will be conducting criminal background checks for all volunteers in this position, both