11 people are interested
Data Science Volunteer
11 people are interested
Get involved in a renewable energy and development research organization
We are looking for a Data Science Volunteer to help out within the Analytics team.
What is the Lotus Project?
The Lotus Project is a research organization created to alleviate poverty and
set the foundation of economic development in rural areas. The organization researches and
implements renewable energy solutions within ethnic minority groups, while alleviating poverty by
catalyzing economic development in the more remote unattended regions.
Please visit our website to learn more!
1. Explore, identify and utilise publicly available development data.
2. Play an active role within the Analytics team.
3. Support development of key RDM metric to assess the economic and environmental impact
of rapidly developing nations on rural areas.
4. Help investigate the use of machine learning methods.
5. Incorporate the results of the data analysis to a geoJSON and JSON file format to visualise
the results on a global map (google maps platform).
Required attributes and skills
* Python (numpy, pandas, matplotlib, scipy etc)
* AWS, SQL and database management
* Google Cloud and Maps platform
* Advanced statistics
* General understanding of economic, social and environmental development
About the team
We are an interdisciplinary and international team with engineering, politics, math, physics,
finance and economics backgrounds. We all share a passion to help those less fortunate and to
expand the research and use of renewable energies within developing countries. Our aim is to
develop a replicable community-based framework for remote village in rapidly developing
* Exciting and challenging experience
* Develop research and technical skills
* Gain insight and awareness of renewable energy solutions in unattended regions
* You will learn not only to increase your cross-cultural understanding by getting an idea of the
day-to-day reality and living standards of the people in remote areas, but more importantly you
will evolve your self-reliance skills and gain experience in a professional setting.
Please submit your CV and motivations for applying to email@example.com
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Lotus Project
Lytchett House, 13 Freeland Park, Wareham Road, Lytchett Matravers, Poole, Dorset BH16 6FA, GB
Alleviate poverty and increase economic prosperity in the rural regions of developing countries through researching and implementing independent off-grid renewable energy projects and community-based socio-economic growth models.
The Lotus Project is a charitable organization created to research innovative micro-grid solutions, aiming to set the foundation of economic development in rural areas.
We implement renewable energy projects and provide education within ethnic minority groups, while alleviating poverty by creating jobs, in remote and unattended regions.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 16, 2021
- Google Apps
- SQL / MySQL
- Must be at least 18
- Approx. 15 hours a week