DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Event Lead: Open Project Night
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Impact Hub Houston Event Leads help engage the community through our programs and events, and inspire and connect people with the impact they wish to create. They play an important role in ensuring that we host lively events in safe and welcoming environments, and provide reliable, accessible spaces for Houston's diverse community.
Event Leads gain the opportunity to connect with our community partners and sponsors, learn best practices for running virtual and hybrid events, and work closely with our team to plan and execute recurring monthly Impact Hub Houston events.
ABOUT OPEN PROJECT NIGHT (https://houston.impacthub.net/opn/)
- There is a new theme each month aligned with selected Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Anyone can sign up to participate, whether they have an idea/project or just want to provide feedback, advice, or support
- 1-2 guest speakers kick-off the night right before project presentations
- After the guests are done, OPN offers an Open Mic for anyone else to pitch their idea/project for feedback and collaboration (2 min max per pitch)
- Once all pitches are done, everyone returns to open networking and collaboration!
EXPECTATIONS: Event Leads commit to reporting to the Deputy Director and helping host Open Project Night event every month for a minimum of 3 months, with an approximate time commitment of ~12 hrs per month (3hrs/week). In exchange, you will receive an Impact Hub Houston Community Membership and all of its associated benefits!
- Help track and update event themes (if any)
- Ensure event registration links are published on a timely basis and periodically update event copy on Eventbrite, Facebook and Impact Hub Website
- Help collect bios/headshots from guest speakers and gather partner logos (if applicable)
- Coordinate with Marketing team for any graphic requests
- Help promote the respective event with personal network
- Create internal & external event agenda to ensure events run smoothly
- Answer any tech access questions that may come in from Eventbrite RSVPs
- Provide Tech Support during the event, including managing waiting room, granting access to the virtual space, managing the chat, and more
- Update event dashboard after each event
- Help draft thank you emails to attendees, speakers, volunteers etc.
- Set up debrief with Impact Hub team after each event
- All benefits of a Community Membership
- Curated, thoughtful introductions to the movers and shakers in the Houston impact community
- Access to local and global Impact Hub events and programming
- References from core team members to put on your resume going forward!
TO APPLY: Please email your resume to Michelle Avalos (firstname.lastname@example.org) and specify which role you are applying for and why you would like to volunteer for this position. Thank you!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About IMPACT HUB HOUSTON
1801 MAIN STREET, Suite 1000, HOUSTON, TX 77002, US
Impact Hub Houston inspires, connects, and empowers people working to solve social problems -- especially those problems affecting historically underserved and under-resourced communities -- in our region and around the world. We empower diverse changemakers with the know-how and resources they need to address the needs of their community and launch successful social enterprises, while building inclusive and equitable entrepreneurial ecosystems aligned with the themes of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) that effectively collaborate towards impact at scale.
Impact Hub Houston is a locally rooted, globally connected impact innovation incubator that empowers entrepreneurs and ecosystems to solve their community's biggest challenges. We work among 100+ Impact Hubs across 56+ countries-recognized by the United Nations as the world's largest network accelerating entrepreneurial solutions with measurable and scalable impact.
We are making Houston a role model for how the world solves its most pressing issues by:
- Empowering diverse entrepreneurs with the education and guidance to launch sustainable solutions with scalable impact;
- Connecting changemakers with an inclusive community and equitable startup programs to support them;
- Inspiring community partners, capital providers, and corporate sponsors to step up, lean in, and lend their expertise, networks and resources to help purpose-driven social ventures thrive.
By supporting Impact Hub Houston, you gain the exponential effect of our work directly and proactively helping more diverse entrepreneurs, impact innovators, and support organizations survive and thrive. When they thrive, their families and communities thrive!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 15, 2021
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Program Management
- Relationship Building
- Must be at least 18
- Approximately 12 hours per month
- Welcoming digital presence, strong communication skills, experience managing Zoom/SpatialChat and other virtual event platforms in order to facilitate events.