Volunteer Medicare Counseling Assistant
Trellis needs help managing our online scheduling system for Medicare Counseling Appointments. This role is tremendously important to our organization. A well-timed reminder call to a senior or their caregiver significantly increases the chances of them attending.
Volunteer Role (Virtual):
- Make 15 to 30 calls per week to confirm scheduled Medicare Counseling appointments
- Send email confirmations to our Health Insurance Counseling sites and volunteers to confirm Medicare Counseling appointments
- Assist in overseeing the scheduling app and identifying any issues such as double-booked appointments or appointments that have been changed via our website
- Sensitivity to the needs of older adults, person with disabilities, and other diverse populations
- Successful completion of personal reference and criminal background checks
- Ability to work independently and make appropriate decisions as required
- Excellent phone and customer services skills with attention to detail
- Comfort working with a personal computer using Microsoft 365 is a plus
- Compliance with agency’s non-conflict of interest, confidentiality, and other policies
1265 Grey Fox Road, Suite 2, Arden Hills, MN 55112, US
Trellis helps people optimize well-being as they age.
Trellis is a nonprofit organization that provides services, information and connections that help people age well. We are innovators in the field of aging, and are working to offer and create new products, services and relationships to meet the changing needs of a growing population of older adults. We are committed to serving our aging communities with equity and inclusivity. In our role as the designated Area Agency on Aging for the Twin Cities metro area, we serve individuals and organizations in Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott and Washington counties. Many of Trellis’ initiatives and activities have a broader geographic reach, across the state of Minnesota and, in some cases, across the nation.
1265 Grey Fox Road, Suite 2Arden Hills, MN 55112
November 15, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- This role requires some flexibility as some days will be busier than others. On average, one can expect 90 minutes three days a week with the potential for other tasks, if desired.
- Volunteer Training: Initial orientation training at the Trellis office to learn to use our phone system, send secure emails, learn Microsoft Bookings system, complete data privacy training, and receive ongoing training and supervision.